(Closed) Question about Custom M&M’s.

posted 8 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
595 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

i bought 5lbs, i mixed 3 colors, for my god daughters baptism, we gave baby minnies favors, so we combine 3 colors and there was 60 guests

Post # 5
1955 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I did them for my dad’s surprise 50th birthday in August. I ordered a few of the birthday mixes, and a few custom bags. BUT, I added some regular plain m&ms that I bought from the grocery store because the custom M&Ms are so expensive!! I ordered 5  7 oz. bags of custom (3 bag of personalized messages, 2 bags of birthday mix bags) for 30 guests. Just an fyi, the 7 oz bags are a lot smaller than I thought they would be. Not sure what you are planning on spending, but doing these for 90 people would get really pricey. That being said, M&M had GREAT customer service. I had issues with them (cancelled an order, they sent it anyway) and they fixed it immediately, and gave me 20% off my next order. I’m not sure how much the 5 lb. bag is, but I think it would be more economical than the 7 oz. bags. Good luck!

Post # 6
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

I never bought them, but like Krises said, it’s a good idea to buy some normal M&M’s to mix in so you can save some money.

Post # 7
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Krises:  That’s great advice.  I was SO surprises by how much they cost, but mixing in plain/generic ones is a great idea.  Did you order the bags of each color – $7.99 for 7 oz. is too much imho – or did you mix in the assorted bags you get from any candy section?  Guess I wonder how that would look on my mostly red, black & white candy bar….

The topic ‘Question about Custom M&M’s.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors