(Closed) Question about name change….two years later

posted 4 years ago in Richmond
Post # 2
1406 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Did you just not do the post-marriage paperwork or did your marriage certificate not include a name change? 

Post # 4
9916 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Just go change your name, a la Princess Consuelo Banana Hammock. 

Post # 6
5956 posts
Bee Keeper

bearbear1:  Yep you can still get your name changed, you may just need to have more paperwork.

Post # 7
8465 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle

bearbear1:  Pretty sure in my state there is no name change request form that comes with the marriage license. I just had to take an official copy of the license to the social security office and they had all the forms I needed there. I still need to get my butt down to the BMV to get my license changed though. 

Post # 8
13294 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Bring your marriage license to Social Security, fill out the form, and they will change your name.  You get a temp form which you can bring to the DMV to get it changed there.  After that, it’s pretty simple! 

I live in Virginia as well — my entire name change process took a grand total of 3 hours, including driving/waiitng time.

Post # 9
1669 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

My mom didn’t bother to change hers until 5 years after she married my dad. It shouldn’t be an issue. I’m not starting the process on mine until next month!

The topic ‘Question about name change….two years later’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors