Post # 1
As part of my registry, I am asking for Mikasa Parchement china. I would like to aim for 8 sets. At Bed Bath and Beyond, I have 3 options for putting this on my registry. They do not carry it in stores so it would have to be ordered online.
1. All 8 place settings, plus some platters for $200:
2. 4 place settings for $100 (I would ask for 2 of these)
3. 1 Place setting for $50 (I would ask for 8 of these)
Looking at the prices, obviously option 1 is the most cost effective because it includes more china for less money. But would it be easier for guests /give more options for guests if I just registered options 2 or 3? What do you think is better for guests?
Post # 3
Just put all three on there. The worst that can happen is you’ll get more than you want.
Post # 4
Tough call!! My opinion, you have a couple of options. I’d probably pick #2 below:
– If I recall, BBB has a great return policy. You could add 8 of the $50 place settings, then return them after the wedding and buy the $200 package.
– Register for all of 1 of the $100 package and 4 of the $50 settings.
– Register for all of them! Actively monitor your registry, and if someone buys the $200 package, remove the other settings.
Post # 5
I would think about registering for 12 settings. As your family grows and more people are added, 8 people really isnt that many.
All you need is two sets of parents, yourselves and one sibling and an SO to reach 8. What if you have more siblings or friends or you have kids etc.
Post # 6
I would say that it depends on what the rest of your registry looks like. If you don’t have too many things at the higher price points and have a bit of a feel for how much your guests would spend, put the $200 option on there and call it a day.
I’d be tempted to add all 3 choices and monitor, or put the 2 x $100. As a guest, I personally would want to know about the $200 option because that is about what we usually spend on a gift. Plus, I’d know about the ability to use a coupon on a single item 😉
Post # 7
Thanks for the ideas! i think I incorporated a little of what everyone said. I decided to aim for 12 settings and register for the $200 set of 8, as well as 4 individual settings of $50 each.
Post # 8
By The Way you do know guests can purchase in whatever bundle they want as well and then call to have the item removed from your registry right?
I did this at a wedding I attended, a different store had their Toaster Oven on sale so I bought it there and then called the registry line and they marked it as purchased.