(Closed) Question about Social Security card application! help

posted 8 years ago in Names
Post # 3
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Hmm sounds like you are overthinking it.  It’s probably for people who don’t have a SS card, like newborns or people from other countries.

Post # 4
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

@luli29: Ive never heard of filling out a form. I just went to the local Social Security Office and provided our marriage license and they did all the work for me….much easier than filling out a form!

Post # 5
6661 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

I answered “Yes” to that question since I had a SS card with my maiden name on it. I think it’s a way to double-check that you are already a citizen with a SS # and card and just changing your name.

Post # 6
13096 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

If you already have a SS card with you madien name, than the answer to that question is yes.

I had the same confusion as you though – I didn’t seem to make sense to ask that when I’d already provided my SS#.

The topic ‘Question about Social Security card application! help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors