Post # 1
We are pretty much decided on getting this ring..
We have decided to go with a Moissanite for many reasons. My question is: Should we go ahead and get the Amora Moissanite and then replace it with the Heart and Arrows Amore Gem when it is available in the US? or maybe try to hold off until it’s available? or maybe even look into CZ( the only reason I say that is because MS could place it in with the ring.)
Post # 3
What size? If it won’t break the bank, get a placeholder stone now so you can enjoy that gorgeous ring sooner! Just make sure they know what your plan is so they can build the ring to the correct depth for the eventual forever stone.
Post # 4
Im pretty sure we decided that a 1.5 amora or amora gem would be best
Post # 5
Wow, that’s a gorgeous ring!
I was in a similar predicament, and SO and I decided on getting a sapphire and then replacing it with Amora gem. It’s a lab created sapphire that’ll be considerably cheaper than Amora moissanite (Avarra sapphire, from Better Than Diamond). So I’m in favor of a temporary stone.
You could do a CZ until you get the real thing, or Amora moissanite, if you don’t mid the extra cost. Just for the heck of it, you could also go with a colored stone. A yellow or pink sapphire would be durable and beautiful, or a lab created emerald (Better than diamond makes diamond cut ones that are gorgeous).
Post # 6
not sure what to suggest – but that is a beautiful ring!
Post # 6
I love that ring! It’s beautiful.
I second the previous posters. If you can afford to get the Amora gem (or something else as a placeholder) and swap it out when what you really want comes out, go for it!
Post # 7
I want want want that Amora gem but was too impatient to wait. They’re saying 2015 at minimum but another BTD update is due to post today. I went with the Amora moissanite but I love colored stones too. But what color to work with the colors in the band? Is that rose gold? Its beautiful and very unique! Maybe put an Asha in there until the Amora gem is ready? I *think* (correct me if I’m wrong!) that the Asha is not a forever stone and might need replacing in 5 years or so.
Post # 8
thank you everyone! That is what we love about this ring is that it is different than what we normally see.
Yes, it is rose gold with light pink diamond where the rose gold band is but you really cant tell they are pink.
so many options! I am anxiously awaiting the BTD post for today
Post # 9
@bewitched728: 2015 is actually the latest they’ll start production. Slightly better news 🙂
If you’ve got your heart set on the Amora gem, then I say put an Asha in there as a place holder until it comes out…unless the patent process speeds up and they start production ASAP (soonest would be end of this summer!). Ashas look really nice for a while, but as PP said, they do cloud and need replacing after a few years (but much cheaper!)
Post # 10
BEAUTIFUL RING 🙂 It’s hard to say…either way you’re wanting the Amora gem it seems so why not use an Asha or moissanite until then??
Post # 11
@pharmy: How sure are your about the timeline of the Asha getting cloudy? I am lucky enough to have friends in a country that is not on the banned list, so we are able to order my H&A Gem ASAP once production starts. Will the Asha stay beautiful and sparkly if I wear it every single day (it’s going in my e-ring) from mid-May until Septempber/October?
Post # 12
I have no advice but I LOVE that ring
Post # 13
This may be one of the only rings with rose gold I have seen and liked…let alone LOVED. What a gorgeous ring! It’ll look stunning no matter what you put in it!
Post # 16
This website says that Amora Gem should be available November 2012.
And betterthandiamond newest blog post says the US patent is 3 weeks away. Not positive what that means exactly. Keep checking for amora gem updates, BTD has an update every Friday. Fingers crossed!!!