(Closed) Question from an European bride: what exactly is a ‘bustle’??

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

it’s a way of pinning up your train, usually with hooks or small ribbons that you knot.

Post # 4
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

youre right…. people use it like “bustle your train”…. many times ties or buttons are used to keep the train up 🙂

Post # 5
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

It’s not really a “knot” but it is a way to tie up your train (while still making it a cohesive part of the dress) so you don’t trip on it after the ceremony is over.

Different bustles are used for different kinds of dresses. Your seamstress will usually be able to help you figure out the best way to bustle your dress.


The topic ‘Question from an European bride: what exactly is a ‘bustle’??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors