(Closed) Question from my fiance

posted 9 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
6009 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’m not sure if this helps, but I know that my graduation/class rings from high school and college have engravings on the outside.  Does he want the engraving to be flush with the ring surface?  Or does he want something that is in relief?  I think you could probably go to a local jeweler and have something designed to be what he really wants.  I’m not sure what it would cost, but I think that would depend a lot on the design, metal, etc… aspects of his ring. 

Post # 5
898 posts
Busy bee

I know that some people make custom titanium bands, but the one I purchased for a previous bf wasn’t engraved, it had a laser inlay. I am not sure if that would work for him, but it’s an idea. I mean, think about class rings, pretty much anything can be put on a ring, so I would just consult with a local jeweler to see what your options are.

Post # 7
1048 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009 - City Hall

Definitely ask a jeweler. We went to a local jeweler who had lots of books full of different types of rings. (I’m talking a real jeweler – not a chain store in a mall or whatever). A lot of the rings we saw looked like they were just BEGGING to have some custom engraving or carving done on the outside of them.

The topic ‘Question from my fiance’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors