(Closed) Question to the bees re: my wedding dress & style

posted 8 years ago in Accessories
Post # 3
1684 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I’d try out the birdcage veil with your hair & see how you like it. If it works… go for it.

Sounds like your coloring would look perfect with red lipstick! And the old hollywood-esque eyeliner too. I have a picture from a magazine I found years ago & that’s one look I want my makeup artist to try.

I agree with you – I’d skip the necklace & do kicka$$ earrings and maybe a really glam cuff like this:

Post # 4
2475 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m not sure about the other questions, but I think a birdcage veil would look good with that dress, but not one that has big spaces between the netting – does that make sense?

Post # 5
5263 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t really see that with a birdcage veil, but I’d definitely go with a BOLD dark red lipstick. It’ll look so glam! 

Post # 7
5985 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

your dress is fabulous and you should not second guess it. if you are really worried you can post a pic of you in your dress and us Bees can help out πŸ˜€

def the dark lipstick and vintage earings and a necklace would be great. i dont really like birdcage veils so my opinion is bias; but if that is wha tyou have your heart on then go for it πŸ˜€

Post # 8
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

1. yes

2. yes 

3. no

LOVE the dress. Don’t second guess yourself.  Put it out of your mind, you made a good choice. πŸ™‚  I’m wearing a birdcage veil with my hair almost completely down. I’ve tried it on like that twice and it worked just fine. Red lipstick epitomizes your theme – you basically have no choice! As to the jewelry, I never do big earrings or bracelets with a necklace. You don’t want to look overdone… and with the red lipstick and the birdcage, you have enough pizazz. πŸ™‚

Post # 9
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I say yes to all.  But I wouldn’t get a really dangly necklace, just a normal length one.

Post # 12
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

1) Birdcage veil = Yes; I included a cute example of a birdcage veil with half up hair and an old hollywood feel

2) Red lipstick = Yes

3) Necklace = No; Vintage looking earings and bracelet = Yes

Post # 13
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

i agree with birdcage veil, red lipstick and a fantastic cuff. earrings could be nice but make sure it doesn’t draw too much attention away from your face with your veil already being a nice accessory. keep the makeup very marilyn. shimmering bone colored shadow underneath strong brows, simple black upper eyeliner and loads of mascara, red lipstick and just a hint of blush. it will be perfect!

Post # 14
1232 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

Oooh I love miss riley’s example! SO glam! If you want it up that pic that prncssdva posted would look super pretty with a birdcage veil as well. I think red lipstick will look great! I agree with most of the other girls about just wearing earrings and a pretty bracelet.  A necklace might be too much.

Post # 15
2825 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

oooo!  I have Ideas but I’m at work and don’t have any of my pictures on here.  I’ll post later tonight when I get home!

But I agree with the birdcage veil.  And red lip…

The topic ‘Question to the bees re: my wedding dress & style’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors