(Closed) Questions About Seamstress & Crinoline

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 4
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I think you should probably just risk being annoying.  I’m sure she’s dealt with brides before, she has to be used to it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 5
40 posts
Newbee

LOL….I’m a seamstress, and we get really, really tired during wedding season, so I apologize on behalf of your seamstress. When we deal with several wedding dresses a day, every day, yours is not particularly special, so some of the “magic” of your experience is getting lost.

Secondly, she is actually doing you a favour by keeping the dress until the wedding. It’s going to be sitting in her clean shop rather than you having to transport it back and forth and keep it clean and odor free at home ๐Ÿ™‚ Plus, if it’s in the shop, she will work on it when she has time – it could get started in a month then get finished just before the fitting.

If you are not sure, then definately go back for another fitting and make sure. Just do her a favour and make sure whatever choice you make is confirmed- she really can’t do anything until there is a definate plan OR she’ll end up doing the work twice!

Post # 6
40 posts
Newbee

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!! I just read the post a little closer!! YOU MUST go back ASAP if you are making any changes to the dress plan!!!! She could be making alterations before the first fitting that cannot be arranged after ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
1690 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

dont forget that wearing a crinoline will make the dress a little shorter,  so maybe you wouldnt need those 3.5 inch heels.

i do think its a good thing that she has it in her shop, unless unlike me,  you have a huuuuuuuge closet  to store it in.  mine is in the spare room but i wish i could have it hanging in a nice big shop with plenty of room and not getting creased up.

also wearing a crinoline might alter the points of where the bustle needs to be pinned,  so the earlier you try it on with a crinoline the better. 

lovely dress by the way.  

The topic ‘Questions About Seamstress & Crinoline’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors