(Closed) Questions and problems with wedding cakes/ they said it was GROSS!!!

posted 8 years ago in Food
  • poll: Would you care if your wedding cake tasted gross?
    No. As long as it looks pretty it doesn't matter what it taste like. : (2 votes)
    2 %
    Yes. Taste is as important as looks. : (124 votes)
    97 %
    Other. Why? : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 47
    977 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2018

@Klu007:  I’d opt for a more simple design on a cake that tastes good rather than a lovely cake that tastes like dirt. I don’t eat food because it’s pretty, I eat it because I like how it tastes. It is food, not a painting.

People always remember the food at weddings. I don’t think you want something as important as your wedding cake tasting awful – especially if you know in advance and have time to fix it.

Post # 48
    1486 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I would NOT get a cake that doesn’t taste good! People look forward to eating the cake and if it’s bad, they’ll remember. I never judge a messy-looking but tasty cake (I’ve been to weddings where the cakes were homemade by friends as the wedding gift) but I do judge a pretty but bad-tasting cake. If the other baker can’t do anything fancy, just have plain solid-colored frosting and lay a few flowers on top.

Post # 50
    1677 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Oh man. Taste=everything. I dont care if it looks like poo if it is going to taste amazing!

Post # 51
    4554 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

If I was in your situation, I’d just make it myself. I refuse to pay someone a single dollar for something that doesn’t even taste as good as what I can do with a box of Betty Crocker and a can of cheesecake frosting.

Are you sure no one in your town bakes out of her home? A lot of people can do beautiful things with a couple Wilton decorating classes and a Cake Bible.

Post # 52
    632 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@Klu007:  I think the taste of the cake is actually more important than how it looks. What’s the point of a cake that tastes like crap? Don’t let this baker make your cake. Is there no way that you could look for a baker outside of your town? That seems like the obvious solution. 

Post # 53
    110 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2006

Decoration is important to you but taste is important to your guests. 

The topic ‘Questions and problems with wedding cakes/ they said it was GROSS!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors