Post # 1
Here are some questions for all you waiting bees if you’d like to participate:
1. How old are you and how long have you been with your SO?
2. When did you start waiting for a proposal?
3. Did your age have anything to do with you wanting to get married soon?
Here are my answers: I’m 30 and have been with my SO for 5 years now. I think the number one thing that has made me want to get married soon is my age. If I were still in my 20s I wouldn’t be nearly as anxious to get married as I am now!
Post # 3
im 20 and been with my so for 4 years, i wanted to get engaged the moment i new he was the 1 which was 5 months in to the realtionship. i want to get engaged for reglious reasons.
i rlly hate this waiting process its killing me inside. boo boo booo!
Post # 4
Oh I’ll play!
I’m 21 and so is my BF, we’ll have been together for 4 years on the 12th 🙂
I’ve been “waiting” I guess since around the 6 month mark, when he unofficially asked me to marry him via a long distance phone call (we’ve been LDR for pretty much our entire relationship, due to me going away to school). More realistically, I guess I’ve been officially waiting since our last anniversary, when life after college seemed a whole lot more attainable. 🙂
I don’t think my age has ever been something that has pushed me to want to get married. I knew I met my soulmate when we went on our first date, and I’ve always known that no matter what, we’d be together. Especially after committing to work through a college LDR, which has tested us, but proved our love to be strong. I guess I’ve always emulated my mother for getting married at 20, to my father (21 at the time) and them staying together. They’re reasoning for getting married young was that they were in love and didn’t want to wait any longer to prove it. I knew that my BF and I had that same kind of mentality. We’re in it for the long haul, and right now it’s just waiting for life post-grad that’s stopping him from proposing.
Post # 5
1. I’m 26 (he’s 28), we’ve been together for *gasp* 8 months
2. I suppose I “officially” started waiting when we settled on a timeline (so, Jan 1st)
3. Partially, want to be a mother by the time I’m 30. Although that may not happen with our current plans I still just want to start our life together.
Post # 6
1. I’m 23 and have been with with my boyfriend for 5 years. I’ve been wanting to be engaged for a couple years now, but it’s been way worse waiting since I graduated university. He finished school the year before I did, so I thought hey maybe soon! But I was still in school, so I understood the waiting… Then when I graduated, the waiting just intensified haha once we both had real jobs and no more school it seemed like why not? My age doesn’t really have anything to do with it as I’m still pretty young, but we’ve been together for so long and I am absolutely sure I want to marry him!
Post # 7
1. I’m 26 (and a half) and he will be 26 next week. We have been together for 3 years and 2 months 🙂
2. I have been waiting for about two years, but REALLY waiting for about 2 months (I know he has the ring).
3. I guess partly it is my age, but more my stage in life. I have my career, I have a home by myself, but I want to just hurry up and buy a place together and get on with our lives!
Post # 8
I just turned 34 three days ago. My Fiance and I were together for 1 year exactly when he proposed. The proposal was completey unexpected I hadn’t even thought or talked about it because I thought it would be too soon. We have been engaged for 3 months and we have 18 more months to go. We already got a house and are living together. Our age has no bearing on the time we get married. We just want to do it right and go all out. This is the fkrst time either one of us has been engaged. We want kids, but won’t start for at least 2 and a half years. We are both healthy and active and are in no hurry to rush to the aisle.
Post # 9
1. I’m 25 and we’ve been together for 6 years
2. I just started waiting for a proposal about Dec-Januaryish, but I’ve known I wanted to marry my SO for 4 years now!
3. I suppose my age plays a role, but I’m not sure what. If you asked me 10 years ago when I wanted to get married I would have said at 24. Whoops! It’s really about where I am in my life, it’s the next step for me and now it’s finally the next step for us! He just graduated grad school, I’m graduating in May, it’s time for real jobs, buying a house, and settling down.
Post # 10
I am 27(can’t beleive it! haha), my bf turns 30 next week! We’ve been together for 1.5 years.
I am not really waiting for a proposal, I’d say I’m waiting to be legally married. Is that weird? haha. I started to get anxious around our 1 year mark. I’d say it’s basically due to my age.
Post # 11
1) I am 24. I have been with my SO for 3 years.
2) A little less than a year ago.
3) I told my SO early on in our relationship, when we started getting serious, that I wanted to be married and have two children by the time I am 30, preferably earlier. My SO feels much the same way. Since I knew I was 23, going on 24, I started to anticipate a proposal more, so I guess my age did play into it a little.
Post # 12
I’m 25 and my SO is 39. We’ve been together for two and a half years. I think I consider myself waiting since one year into our relationship. My age doesn’t play a factor with wanting to get married, but his does. I want 2-3 kids and I don’t want their Dad to be really old when (for example) they graduate high school, etc. I want to get things moving! The biggest thing making me want to get married (besides knowing he is the one for me) is that I feel like we live like we’re married already and I also feel like I’m stuck in limbo. I want my life to move forward, and the next logical step for me is marriage and having kids.
Post # 13
I’m 29, we’ve been together 6 and a half years
We planned on getting married since the first few months we dated, but neither of us was in a rush and we both thought we might never get around to it. About six months ago we both decided it was time, I have been waiting for about three weeks for my ring.
I think for us it was less age and more getting our adult life organized. We run a business together, I’m back in school, and he feels frustrated that with the economy we had some setbacks. This is our way of moving forward in an area of our life we have total control over, and celebrating the piece of our lives where things are going great. In retrospect, we should prolly have gotten married a few years ago. We are so established in our relationship that a wedding just seems like an expensive distraction, which is why we will either elope or do a small and very non traditional party. But the one part that does get me excited is celebrating with our community of friends and family.
Post # 14
* We’re 22 and have been together since 14
* Receieved a promise ring at 16… so I guess I’ve been waiting since then 😉 However, we officially booked our venue this week without “having a ring” so I’m assuming it’s around the corner! We’ve also been living together for a while now.
* We’re both in college and we’ve always said we would wait and finish college. Well we’re graduating Dec 17 and getting married Dec 29!! lol
Post # 15
1) 29 and 6.5 years
2) About 2 years
3) Partially. I was waiting pretty patiently but we hit 5 years and I was like–where is this going? And then the age thing on top of it. It all kind of came together.
Post # 16
I am 26.5 and my SO is soon to be 32. We have been together for about 3 years now and I have been waiting for about 14 months. I wantto be married soon because we alreaady have a son together and he would like to have some more children in the near future. I would like to make our family official and legal.