1 & 2. How long was your recovery? Do you have any tips for speeding or easing recovery?
I’ve had three c-sections. First was due to having twins and the second and third were repeats because drs around here will not do v-backs. In all my experiences it was a week before I could move around without pain. The first 2-3 days are the worst, get a small and firm pillow because trust me, pushing that against your incision when you go to stand is going to save you! You don’t realize how much you use those muscles to just stand till you have surgery lol. It really holds things in place and makes the pain much more bareable when getting up, also DO NOT try to stand without help.
After a week I was good for normal standing housework and moving around. NO lifting heavy laundry and stuff though for 4-6 weeks, seriously don’t do it, I opened my last one up doing this, it healed fairly quickly but now my scar is lopsided, I have weird hanging skin and I lost feeling on that side of my scar. Get up and get moving asap. It hurts but the sooner the better. Walk, walk and walk some more, I promise it gets easier.
3. Anything extra I need to put in my hospital bag that I wouldn’t need otherwise?
• That pillow! Something firm like the boppy pillow.
• Also bring your own heavy pads, the hospital pads are AWFUL, some don’t even stick to your underwear but wrap around you with this weird band, the first thing I did was send Darling Husband for pads cause… ummm… no lol!
• Granny underwear that you don’t care if it gets ruined. If you plan to Boyfriend or Best Friend your stomach will have small contractions during and you will bleed more often than if you didn’t so buy plenty.
• Stool softeners! Though your dr will probably give you some while in hospital have some at home, don’t get soemthing that is gas inducing, stay away from fast acting ones. It will take you a bit to actually have a bowel movement and when you do HAVE THAT PILLOW! I’m serious about the pillow, can you tell lol
• I hate meds so I just took regular tylenol for pain control. Really the pain is not bad unless your getting up and down, did I mention the pillow? 😉