Post # 1
This is gonna be a several part list. There are just so many questions!!!A few have been answered allready, however, it would be better to have all the questions in one spot to avoid confusion. I emailed this list to Bakerella and Penguin last night upon complettion. The Mods and hostesses are working hard to answer these so be patient!
If I missed a question, BOLD it, and put it in bullet form so the mods can find it to answer!
About the Mods/ Hostesses:
1. Who are the Mods? (If not who the mods are, how many are there?)
2. How big is the moderation team?
3. How many members? How many are active in the community and how many are not?
4. What do the Mods do?
5. Do any of the Mods get paid (who/ How many?)? What is expected of a “paid” Mod.? Vs. a Volunteer Mod?
6. How are Mods chosen?
7. Who are the Hostesses? (If not names, how many?)
8. What do the Hostesses Do?
9. How are Hostesses chosen?
10. Can a Hostess/ Mod lose their Position? If so, what could cause this?
11. Who do the Mods answer to?
12. Can we review/report Mods to anyone? (The support email goes to Bakerella, right? Hypothetically, what happens if we want to report Bakerella?) This also goes for good things—I’d love to let someone know when a Mod does a good job.
13. Who would we talk to at Internet Brands—if we feel our questions/problems are just unanswered or WB is continually discriminatory towards LGBT couples or continues to protect racism/sexism?
15. Can mods and Hostesses View PMs?
16. How do mods know when a member has an undercover name?
17. “Why do you keep saying the mods act as a team, but every time something is questioned one of you says “well I’m not the one that closed that thread/sent that warning/etc., so I can’t comment on it”
A. What decisions can be made by a single Mod
B. What decisions are joint, and how many Mods are talked to?
C. What decisions are made by Penguin/ Bakerella alone?
Post # 3
18. Why is there only a one hour limit to edit posts?
19. Why can only Mods edit posts after an hour?
20. Why is the deletion policy so strict?
21. Is editing the post against the “rules”?
A. Can editing your posts get you warned? If so, why do you let us edit them?
22. Can the Mods see what was written prior to the edit?
23. Are mods notified when a post is edited and do they have the ability to see the original post even after it was changed?
24. How does that work?
25. How can making a comment to the OP about something in the OP be considered thread jacking?
26. How come posting funny lol cat pictures to calm a thread is NOT considered Threadjacking? OR Is posting pictures of cute animal’s threadjacking if it has nothing to do with the OP?
27. Why are snarky comments and baiting comments removed? Would it be better to leave those comments up so we know what kinds of comments are NOT ok?
28. Why are some comments Moderated and other equally …? Snarky? Comments left alone?
29. Why are there not uniform ways of moderating?
Post # 4
30. How come in a post if a Mod is participating in a thread, you can get “warned” after the fact?
31. “. What are the exact rules– and let’s put them in writing somewhere– about being in side groups? If we can be in them, okay, but then don’t lie and say CoS people were banned for actively snarking when many of them were great girls who just visited the site to see what it was about. This would be like if I joined a FB group, decided it wasn’t for me and left, then got banned”
32. “. Why is my speech not protected if I’m not the OP in a thread? I feel like an OP can say “I hate African Americans” or “I hate Jews” or “I hate gay people” and the mods would defend the OP’s right to their own opinion. (This has happened regarding our LGBT members!!) Then if I come in and say “you’re being racist/sexist/classist/etc.”, I’m the one that gets moderated for snark. WHY?”
33. Does every time you are edited equal a warning?
34. How many Warnings get you Banned? : “I understand if it’s “situational” but if I’m sitting on 2 warnings, I should know if the 3rd one will make me unable to log in to my account. I propose we get a “this is your last warning; your next one will result in banning.”
35. If you are banned, what is to keep you from making a new account?
36. If I have several warnings, can I deactivate my account and make a new one with a “clean Slate”?
37. Can you get banned if you are a part of/joined/looked at/participated in the COS?
38. What about Fb groups that talk about WB?
39. Can we be in the COS?
40. Can we join the Knot?
41. If we partake in snark in any of these places will it cause us to be banned/warned?
42. Are you following us around the internet? How would you know if we were?
Post # 5
On Snark/ Bullying
43. Why is Going back and looking at relevant information in a posters history “bullying?
44. What are the guidelines for moderating snark?
45. Who decides what is Snarky?
46. What is the Circle of Snark? ( There is this :http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/the-rise-and-fall-of-drama-on-weddingbee But it’s not very informative about what they did)
47. Is there a way to dispute “warnings?”
48. Do good flags cancel out bad flags?
49. There is a general feeling of “favoritism” on the bee, how can we fix this?
50. Why can PMs Not be posted on the main boards? 51. “Why can’t we be a little sassy/blunt
On closing threads:
52. Why do you close threads when they don’t go your way?
53. Why is it okay to close threads when people are still having calm and rational discussions?
54. Why were the last 3 threads about this topic closed?
Post # 6
Ok that’s All I have. Thanks to the mods/hostesses for reviewing and answering this list! If I missed a question, Bold it and put it in Bullet form, so they can find it easily to answer!
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2008 - Winery in the Gold Country
Hello! The entire team is working on these answers as we speak. We ask for your patience – running answers by a large team is a time consuming task. We will respond within 24 hours. In the meantime, further questions posted here will not be evaluated, our hope is that they will be answered within this extensive list. If you have a pressing question that applies to you directly for the moderation team, please post it directly to support.weddingbee.com or privately if you prefer via email at help (at) weddingbee (dot) com.
Post # 9
@imalittlebirdie: Thanks for compiling these questions, and thanks in advance to the Mods for answering them.
Post # 10
Thank you for compiling this! Will check back later to see the answers!
Post # 11
Thank you for doing this girl! I will keep checking later to see as well
Post # 12
What a great list!!! Good job, and thank you for volunteering 🙂 Can a mod make this a sticky?
Post # 14
Wow that’s a lot of questions. Thanks @Mrs. Penguin: for putting the list together.
Post # 15
Good work!! Thanks for doing this.
Post # 16
This is a free forum. I know I am in the minority but I don’t feel like the Mods need to answer a lot of those questions. Especially the ones about pay.
Post # 17
Wow, thank you for putting it all together. I’ve been following the posts on this all very closely, though I haven’t posted yet because I don’t know what my feelings on this are, exactly.
I’ll be interested to hear the answers. Thank you again for posting this, @imalittlebirdie.