Post # 1
Anyone have advice about some good questions to ask a potential wedding planner before hiring? I’ve asked the "How long have you been doing this?" and "How many weddings have you planned?" questions, but beyond that, I need ideas on what to ask to make sure I’m getting the right planner.
Any advice is welcome!
Post # 3
I think there was a post out in the weddingbee pro section… Picking a Planner
But when we were meeting with planners, we asked some questions from this list… But I also remember the planners we met with- they asked me a lot of questions too before the initial meeting.
- Are you available on our chosen date?
- Have you ever planned a wedding on short notice? What did you do?
- How many other weddings will you be handling on or around our date?
- Why did you become a wedding consultant?
- How long have you been working as a wedding planner?
- How many weddings have you planned? How many do you plan, on average a year (ask for pictures and references at this point)
- Are you a member of any professional organizations?
- Do you have a business license?
- Do you receive any commissions from any vendors?
- What are your fees and how does your billing system work?
- Can you work within our budget? What do we get in return for our money?
- How many hours per week are you available to spend consulting with us on this event?
- How often do you provide updates to your clients and how are they communicated? (by phone, fax or email?)
- How will you dress on the day of the event?
- What would you consider the strangest request you’ve ever received from a client?
- Has anyone asked you to do something for their wedding that you felt was improper? What was it and how did you handle it?
- Will we be penalized if we decide not to work with you if you suddenly become sick or otherwise unavailable on our wedding day?
I got these complelated questions from a variety of different sources… Usually the planner volunteers the info before you even get a chance to ask.
Post # 4
Thanks so much, Sparkles!
Post # 6
those questions are really good to ask – but its also about chemistry. you want someone who you both mesh with. we met with two wedding planners when we first got engaged, and we both connected with Donna (our planner) right off the bat. You want someone who can relate to you, understand your vision, and execute it all seamlessly. ALSO – they are going to be with you the entire day of the wedding…you want someone you enjoy being around…
just my two cents. Good luck!!