Post # 1
*Ahem* this is my first thread – a bit nervous. Well, here goes:
My Fiance and I are meeting up with our photog the day after tomorrow. What’s important to ask him? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Post # 3
Congrats on your first thread!!
- I would definitely ask about what type of post processing procedures they do.
- i also would ask who owns the rights to the photographers after they are done
- how long does it take to do the pictures after the wedding
- how many shooters you will have
- will the photog that you meet with be the shooter at your wedding
- also ask to see a complete wedding from beginning to end, because even a novice can have one or two great shots out of a hundred or so that is normally taken at a wedding.
Post # 4
And make sure they’re planning on bringing a second camera. In the event that something happens to the first one, you don’t want to be left without any pictures. I thought this was a strange question at first but all of the photographers that I met with, were very quick to say, “of course we have a second camera!”.
Post # 5
Check out this link for some ideas.
Post # 6
I didn’t think about the second camera – that’s a good one.
It’s a one-man business, so we’re meeting with the one who’ll do the shots. I really hope there’ll be good chemistry!
Post # 7
- Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas
Definitely ask about post-processing! I found that a lot of photographers will give you a disk of unedited images rather than edited – which I did NOT want!!
Post # 9
Also ask how many hours will they be there. And I very much agree with asking to see a whole album!
Post # 10
haha! Don’t be nervous, you did perfect! 🙂
Some things I would ask:
How long they have been doing this * Where they went to school (if they did) * A portfolio you can look at of their previous work * What packages/prices they have to offer *
Post # 11
You can also ask for references even though they will bring their best forward but its never bad to hear about them from someone else.