(Closed) Quick! Casablanca 2037 bustle, what to do??

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@tricia003:  I don’t have pictures yet, but the seamstress at the shop I went to said she can bustle it under the jewel cluster at the back, which is slightly to one side. So it wouldn’t be centered, but it would keep the feel of the dress flowing out from that one spot. Sorry I don’t have pictures! Let me know if I’m not explaining it right. It would be a top bustle, but just not centered, and connect to that cluster instead.

Post # 5
433 posts
Helper bee

No problem! I’ll definitely post a picture when I have one. Hopefully my dress will come in the next few weeks. If you find a good seamstress I’m sure they’ll be able to show you lots of good options– I wouldn’t stress out too much about it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Good luck with the bustle! Just got married 3/24 and my seamstress suggested using safety pins to bustle it after the ceremony. My bridesmaids couldn’t figure out how to do it and my stepmom swooped in and saved the day. However, if I had it to do over again, I would bring it to another seamstress to get a bustle put in. She was at a loss of what to do because the train was so wide and round. All is well that ends well right? The dress was so perfect for my wedding ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
433 posts
Helper bee

@sarahe9106:  Glad it ended up working!! I think you’re the first of the dress twins on here to get married. I hope you post a few pics when you get them!

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Here you go @Miss Great Dane! The first is with my dad’s old truck we drove to the wedding in. The second is with my dad. I’ve only had a few pictures so far. The ones with my brand new husband don’t show off my dress :/

Not to get too personal or anything, is your last name Dane or something that sounds like it? Because my married name is.

Post # 10
433 posts
Helper bee

@sarahe9106:  Yay! That looks AWESOME and makes me feel so much better about the dress! I love your headband too! And the Great Dane is because I have a great dane dog, not my last name ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
378 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My seamstress bustled the dress underneath the applique on the back, so it was asymmetrical. I loved it! I have pics:

Post # 12
378 posts
Helper bee

Hmm you can’t see it very good. Let me zoom in on one:

Post # 13
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Thanks for the pictures Alleycat!  I was also wondering on how I should do my bustle.  You look absolutely stunning!!!!!

Post # 14
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@Alleycat:  I can’t tell you enough how much I love that bustle and I want mine to look just like that!!!

Post # 15
378 posts
Helper bee

@MissAlyssa87:  Yay! I’m glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Quick! Casablanca 2037 bustle, what to do??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors