Post # 1
One of my friends just called to say she was in the area and was going to stop by this afternoon. While I did a quick clean around the house, I thought this would be a fun question to ask the Hive.
If company is coming and you have half an hour to clean, what five areas/things do you make sure to do?
- Kitchen sink is emptied – all dishes go into the dishwasher
- Wipe down kitchen sink and counter tops
- Quickly grab any stay items out of the living room (shoes, magazines, etc.)
- Wipe down the mirror and sink in the bathroom/empty trash
- Take out the kitchen trash
What are your five things? I read somewhere once to always make sure the kitchen and bathroom sinks are clean, so I almost always try to do that! Luckily Darling Husband was home yesterday, so the house is freshly vacuumed. 🙂
Post # 3
Quickly clean bathroom sink/empty trash
Pick up living room
Clean kitchen counters – I don’t mind if there are some dirty dishes in the sink, as long as it’s not overflowing.
Take out kitchen trash if necessary
Post # 4
I learned this little trick. Keep an empty laundry hamper. Put everything you want to hide, put it in (that won’t spoil, like dishes) and put the hamper somewhere like a closet, then you have everything you wanted to put away after your company leaves.
If i can vaccum without the dog going crazy.
And the dog toys.
Post # 5
Ahhhh! They’re coming!?
1) Tidy the front hall/shoe area
2) Clean off the coffee table (clear it off and light a smell-good candle)
3) Fix the blankets on the couches (we cover them)
4) Put the dishes in the dishwasher
5) Sweep the floor if there’s time!
ETA: Running a cloth along the bathroom sink is a good one, too, but I can usually do that after they arrive without anyone noticing, haha.
Post # 6
-Bathroom (Wipe everything down)
-Living Room (dust and vaccum)
-Kitchen (wipe counters, sweep floor, put away dishes)
-Hide all the rest 🙂
Post # 7
1. Tidy up clutter, stick it somewhere like a closet out of sight.
2. Dishes into dishwasher, straighten and wipe off countertops and dining room table; sweep floors
3. Quick clean toilets and sinks/counters in bathrooms, empty trash.
4. Light candles, spray Febreze everywhere, lol.
5. Vacuum if there’s time in the common/main areas.
Post # 8
2. Vaccuum main traffic areas.
3. Quick swip of kitchen counters.
4. Put newspapers and the like in neat piles or throw in the closet if necessary.
Post # 9
@meg.miles: Dust? I moved into this house a year ago and I STILL have not dusted!
Post # 10
Agh I hate when this happens because I am SUCH a neat freak!
– Tidy up, clutter goes in a basket, in a closet, out of sight
– Quick clean up of bathroom: empty trash, wipe down counters, sink, mirror, toilet, change hand towel, light candle
-Clean up kichen — empty dishrack, wipe down counters, light candle
– Living room- clean off coffee table, pick up dog toys, fold blankets, fluff pillows
-Close bedroom doors! LOL
Post # 11
1-un clutter the living room and light a candle
2- take care of the dishes
3- clear counter space of junk mail/papers/ hats/ pocket knives/ etc
4- pull out a few of the decorative pillows and throw them on the couch ( we keep them up because of the dog)
5- quickly tidy guest bathroom and throw a candle in there!
In my mind candles + less clutter = clean! haha
Post # 12
Press button on Roomba
Quick bathroom clean (mirrors, sink, etc)
Wipe down the kitchen and put dishes in the dishwasher
Tidy living room
Take out garbage/change cat litter tray (if I still have time, our litter box is self cleaning)
Post # 13
the toilet and bathroom sink, so they think we’re just cluttered instead of slovenly pigs
Post # 15
@Aure: and i just googled what a roomba is, and i need one desperately!
Post # 16
@KT808: We live in the desert so we have to dust several times a week