(Closed) Quick, easy, & cheap appetizer recipes please!

posted 8 years ago in Food
Post # 3
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

@bind9449:

Sounds gross, but VERY VERY MMMM- Grape jelly and ketchup and little vienna sausages in a crockpot.  The grape jelly and ketchup make a yummy glaze.  Sorry I don’t know how much of each to put, I would make the glaze first, and then add the canned little sausages later, because they are already cooked, and just need to get hot and covered in the glaze.  You can keep them right in the crockpot. 

My mom used to make ham roll-ups.  Thinly sliced ham, spread with softened cream cheese, (you can add a little milk) then roll up and slice into bite sized pieces, and place a toothpick in each bite.

What about making miniature sized cupcakes for a sweet. 

Post # 4
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

Chips and salsa are always a yummy option, you can always fancy it up with homemade salsa.

A similar option would be bruschetta, just toast some baguettes and whip up a tomato spread to go on top.

Post # 5
1313 posts
Bumble bee

My favorites are Crockpot weeines

2 packages Cocktail wieners, little smokies
1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
1 cup grape jelly

And I also LOVE these (they sound gross, but are amazing! Everyone always loves them) Ham, Cream Cheese, and Pickle roll ups (just Google it, those are the only 3 ingredients)

Oh yeah, and I also love Wind & Willow dip mixes, not sure if there’s anywhere around there that sells them, but they are GREAT! They have sweet ones you can serve w/ graham crackers

Oh one more, BLT dip
1 pound bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
2 large vine-ripe tomatoes diced

Post # 6
371 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I second babyboo’s post. I would also add tomato & mozzarella (slice of tomato with mozzarella and perhaps, basil on top toasted) or artichoke dip…

How about deviled eggs or simply cheese and crackers…

Post # 7
1313 posts
Bumble bee

@[email protected]: OMG! Exact same things! I must’ve been typing when you posted yours. Hahaha, love your taste in appetizers 😀

Post # 8
2006 posts
Buzzing bee

You could also make cheese fondue in a crockpot and then place bowls of dippers around it (bread, apples, vegetables, pretzels, etc.).

Post # 9
1765 posts
Buzzing bee

@gocubbies:

So funny, we basically had the  same yummy ideas!!  Mmm. 🙂

Post # 11
5889 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

a simple caprese salad is always lovely, super easy, and looks quite elegant.  no prep required.

Post # 12
1331 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Pigs in a blanket are always popular (cocktail weenies rolled up in crescent roll dough).

Post # 13
1641 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

A quick and easy dip I make sometimes consists of sour cream, diced hothouse cucumbers, little salt and pepper and serve with Kettle brand chips. It’s like and yummy!

Post # 14
1518 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

make some bruschetta.. then toast some bread! 

veggie tray with ranch dips or cheese

fruit tray with creme cheese dip or chocolate strawberries! If you get the marshmallow creme in a jar there is a recipe that you make a fruit dip and it is soooo good!

you could always do a cheese and/or chocolate fondues

Post # 15
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

• 1 block of cream cheese
  • 1 jar of pepper jelly
  • box wheat thins

Pour the pepper jelly over the block of cream cheese. Serve w/ wheat thins, mmmmm The recipe is here Wink

The topic ‘Quick, easy, & cheap appetizer recipes please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors