(Closed) Quick! Weigh in on my dress' neckline!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: What type of neckline for my dress?
    Stick with the original pointy sweetheart neckline, it'll look great! : (32 votes)
    31 %
    Go the traditional sweetheart route, that pointy stuffs a hot mess. : (68 votes)
    66 %
    Neither - you have terrible taste. Just give up while you still can. : (3 votes)
    3 %
    I have another idea! (Please post in the comments) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 18
    1226 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

Sorry I meant Jim Hjelm 8214.  There are several threads for the dress on the Bee. I swooned over it and the MS Marianne until realizing it wasn’t the right silhouette for me.

Post # 19
    32 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2016 - mountain barn

View original reply
    FutureMrsJohnson_: I love the unique factor of the pointy!  Would you mind messaging me the name of the dress maker you are using? I would greatly appreciate it 🙂 Thank you in advance! 

Post # 20
    250 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

A fried of mine had pretty much what you are talking about with the ‘pointy sweetheart’. It looked great at first but after a few hours sittting/standing/posing/dancing the points became ‘bent’ outwards (from the pressure of her boobs and shoulders I guess) and the neckline just looked a bit of a mess in the end, plus she wore fake tan and the pointy bits rubbed and got grubby.

Just something to consider as sometimes things that look great in a photo or when standing still don’t stand up to a full wedding day! I do like the look though.

Post # 21
    Hostess
    7547 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: January 2013

I like the pointy necklines but I can’t see it in lace. It works with highly structured, modern looks like your examples.

The topic ‘Quick! Weigh in on my dress' neckline!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors