(Closed) R&B VS INDIE??

posted 8 years ago in Music
Post # 3
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I have almost the same problem!!!  I’m an indie/alternative girl and he’s a rap/hip hop guy!!!  Most of the guest are cookie cutter pop music fans!!  I’m much more into music than all of them (except for, of course, some of my friends who run the indie music and club scene with me).    I go out dancing to “indie” once a mnth, used to go concerts weekly…but I can’t have the dj play music that only 5 people know about?  I’m at a complete loss.  I only know that I am not caterering the music to his family- they like to tell me what they expect in a very polite manner (oh, can’t wait to dance to disco at your wedding, you are going to play lots of disco, right?”) but they have not lifted a finger or penny to help us out.

What will you play??   We should compare song lists!!  I’m a mostly brit pop and british indie fan…you?

I wanted to walk down to Spiritualized “Ladies and Gentleman…” but when I played it for my mom and brother, they both flipped it calling it horrible and drug music!!  I thought that was funny because I think its beautiful….but i agreed not to play it.

🙂

The topic ‘R&B VS INDIE??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors