(Closed) Random question #134 How do you sit when you eat out?

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
2867 posts
Sugar bee

We sit across each other if it’s just us.  Next to each other when out with others.

Post # 4
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

We like booths too, but we sit across from each other. I’ve seen couples sit on the same side like you do and thought it kinda seems nice to sit next to each other, but I just can’t; it seems weird not to face each other while talking/eating. The exception would be if we were at a bar/restaurant and both wanted to see t.v.s or a stage area or something like that.

Post # 5
63 posts
Worker bee

when we go out just the two of us we always sit on the same side…it’s the way the my boy likes it! 🙂

Post # 6
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

We tend to sit side by side.  Mister will occasionally change the direction of the table if he can make a side by side situation work.  Otherwise we sit across from each other.  It used to make me self-conscious, like other people would stare and judge.  Then I realized I didn’t really care and would rather sit next to him!  (Of course, we try really hard not to interfere with the aisles for the wait staff.)

Post # 7
757 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

The bf definitely prefers side-by-side lol. I don’t think I really have a preference, if I do it’s probably across from each other. But I really don’t care as long as I don’t feel crowded.

Post # 8
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

haha this is actually funny because I’ve tried sitting next to him when it’s just the two of us – and he HATES that. we normally always sit facing each other – because, to us – that makes better conversation! :p

Post # 9
1110 posts
Bumble bee

We prefer booths, but never really sit in one particular way.  Sometimes we sit on the same side, particularly if there is a window to look out of.

We will sit together if it’s cold, or if we’re feeling particularly disgusting to the other diners Tongue out.  We also sit together if we are out with a group.  

Most of the time, we sit straight across.

Post # 10
3587 posts
Sugar bee

Across. I can’t talk to him and not look at him.

Post # 11
Hostess
18644 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We like sitting across from eachother.  I don’t really like sitting next to someone because then you get a crick in your neck from looking at them.

Post # 12
1194 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We usually sit across from one another and usually with my fiance sitting in the best seat of people watch, which isn’t always good since he’s easily distracted!

Post # 13
2214 posts
Buzzing bee

We sat across from each other.

Post # 14
2054 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

we sit across from each other…I like looking directly at Teddy when we talk…if we are in a large group we sit next to each other….I had an ex that always had us sit next to each other when we ate just the two of us… but I really didnt like it.

Post # 15
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We sit across when it is just the 2 of us – I can’t have a conversation with someone without facing them, and it is weird to sit all crossways in a booth to try to semi-face each other. Within a group we usually sit side by side (because within a group we converse with the group rather than focusing on each other)

Post # 16
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

We almost always sit across from each other – I think it’s really awkward to sit on the same side! But, every once in a while Fiance will be in a particularly lovey mood and want to sit next to me. It’s sweet, but I feel like it’s so much harder to hold a conversation like that! 

I also always try to sit on the side that has the “better” view of people. Not because I like to see, but because my Fiance gets REALLY distracted if he has a good people-watching view, and it’s impossible to talk to him!

The topic ‘Random question #134 How do you sit when you eat out?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors