(Closed) Random question #134 How do you sit when you eat out?

posted 10 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 17
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

This reminds me of being out with (young and innocent) friends one time, and we were discussing this very question “next to each other, or across the table?” and I piped up and said, in my sultriest voice “I prefer under the table.” They all turned so red!

But seriously, I like across from each other, even in groups.

Post # 18
2280 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

We’re across from each other usually. If we do sit side by side, I have to be on his left because I’m left handed. Otherwise we’d spend the entire meal bumping elbows and knocking over drinks! Not that it’s happened before…ahem. It doesn’t make a difference in the quality of conversation if we sit side by side or whatever. We’re chatty with each other.

Post # 19
11324 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

We sit across from each other so we can talk more easily.

Post # 20
2865 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We sit across from each other UNLESS it’s a table that has a booth seat on one side and a chair in the aisle on the other. That way neither on of us has to worry about getting bumped into buy waiters or other patrons – plus we have the added benefit of being able to people watch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I prefer booths (don’t know if he has a preference between booth/table) cause I sometimes have a hard time hearing in a crowded setting and a booth is usually a little bit closed off, but we always sit across from each other if it’s just us. In a group we tend to sit next to each other.

Or maybe we always sit across from each other when we go out because we always sit next to each other at home…neither of us currently has a usable dining table, so we sit next to each other on the couch and use the coffee table ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 22
598 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We always sit in front of each other so we can talk and look at each other.  And I always have to sit either indian style or with one leg tucked in and under.

Post # 23
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

In a booth, I always sit across.  At a table, I’m always on his right (he’s deaf in his left ear, so I’m always on the right).  I’ve never tried sitting next to him in a booth….I might do that just to see how he reacts!

Post # 24
5822 posts
Bee Keeper

We sit side by side most of the time.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 25
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

We never sit together. My Fiance says he’d rather look at my cute face, but I think he just prefers his space ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 26
722 posts
Busy bee

We always sit across from each other, unless we are at a square table (like a table for 4). When we eat with another couple we usually do across and opposite.

Post # 27
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Wherever they seat us and across from eachother. If we get a choice of seats, we usually choose the bar height tables.

If we’re with another couple, we sit next to each other. We do have a friend that sits side-by-side with his girlfriend always. We both thought it would be very weird to not see eachother’s faces/eyes while talking to each other.. and the extra room is nice too!

Post # 28
144 posts
Blushing bee

We always sit next to each other and we always share a meal and appetizer. 

Post # 29
14181 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

across if it’s just the two of us. Otherwise, i always feel like we’re waiting for people to join us and there’s just more room this way. We sit side by side on the couch at home though

Post # 30
2371 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Most of the time we sit across from each other, every now and again I like the man next to me.

Post # 31
1032 posts
Bumble bee

Across most of the time ๐Ÿ™‚ we make eyes at eachother, as my grandma would say!

The topic ‘Random question #134 How do you sit when you eat out?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors