(Closed) RANT: Hoping to get some advice & guidance :(

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
  • poll: What would you do?
    Pick a new date, book it for daytime : (2 votes)
    10 %
    Pick a new date, book it for nighttime : (6 votes)
    30 %
    Tell her to take a flying leap! : (12 votes)
    60 %
  • Post # 3
    Member
    2288 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: Central Park

    You’ll probably have more attendance with a daytime Sunday event anyways. But I would be nervous too.

    Post # 5
    Member
    1184 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

    That sounds like a big ‘ol headache that will stick with you if you book. 

    If you love and must have the venue- have a meeting with the owner with the ORGINAL email of the quoted prices. If he still wont budge more than the 1/2 way point then you decide. Usually when you are there in person it is harder to dismiss/haggle. 

    * I would also notify the management/owner that the venue coordinator caused issues at a past wedding and despite that you were still willing to book— *

    BUT if you really dont think it is worth the money look else where. I am sure you can find something.

    Post # 6
    Member
    2288 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: Central Park

    I would take this as a sign and find another venue. She sounds like a nightmare to deal with,

    Post # 8
    Member
    652 posts
    Busy bee

    Go somewhere else? 🙁 

    Post # 9
    Member
    2390 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

    Don’t do it.  Then write a sternly worded letter to the owner of the venue letting them know how awful she was and how much money you WERE planning on spending there.

    Post # 10
    Member
    1966 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

    I’m confused whats the issue with the $6404? $750 plus tax & grat plus $30 pp plus tax & grat comes to about. 6k. Sounds like the coordinator can’t keep track of the details. If this is your dream venue is there another coordinator you could work with and pick a new date? If not I would definitely keep looking?

    Post # 12
    Member
    993 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

    have a meeting with the owner or find another venue

    Post # 14
    Member
    6207 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House

    With a sunday, I would pick a new date and book it for daytime

    The topic ‘RANT: Hoping to get some advice & guidance :(’ is closed to new replies.

    Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

    Find Amazing Vendors