- 7 years ago
- Wedding: May 2012
I just need to rant … while reading this rant, understand that I take almost full responsibility.
I have horrible skin. From the ages of 14 to 24, I have ALWAYS had horrible skin .. face, chest, back. Let me tell you, it is super sexy, and awesome for my self-esteem. Here is where I take responsibility, I pick at my skin. I know I shouldn’t, and I will stop for awhile, but then stress kicks in and I start again. (I should go back to biting my nails, at least then my skin was better .. one vice for another :)). I currently have all the normal stressed that everyone faces, plus I think a few more? .. wedding 2 months away, closing on a house next month, commuting 75 miles a day, applying to the masters program, oh and I work 7a-4p while my fiancé works 3p-11p … All of these things have made my skin, and my OCD picking very angry.
The part that annoys me the most is that about 7 months ago, when my only stress was the commuting (wedding 9 months away) I started going to a dermatologist. Up until that point, I figured it was my own fault that my skin had never improved, even a little because I had only ever tried over the counter medication, and let me tell you, I have tried them all. Well 7 months later and it is just as bad. And unless I want to do Accutane, I am SOL. So at my appointment next week, I am going to ask her how long I need to be off of the medication before I can start tanning. Because as awful as tanning is for your skin, it is the only thing that has EVER helped. (Yay prom and 21st birthday to Vegas for giving me this little secret.)
So new plan for the wedding:
– Tell dermatologist I am not going to take her medication anymore and instead I am actively going to destroy my skin in a different way before my wedding and honeymoon in Mexico.
– Drink so much water my boss begins to notice how frequently I leave my desk (I already have a small bladder, so this should be interesting .. maybe I stop wearing heels)
– Continue to remove makeup every night.
– Continue to take vitamins, but maybe add fish oil pills?
– Up the work outs … if I can’t help my skin, at least I can work on the stress!
Any other suggestions? Oh right! Stop touching my skin!! UGH!
Thanks for bearing with me 🙂