(Closed) Rash on ring finger- not itchy?!?!?!

posted 8 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
4350 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It sounds like an allergy. But te fact that it is platnium confuses me because most people with metal allergies are allergic to the nickel in white gold.

Post # 4
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

It’s probably from water getting trapped under your ring when you wash your hands etc. You could try to take a break from wearing the ring and get an antifungal on there for good measure. 

Post # 5
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Are your hands in water/damp a lot?  I would get this working at a restaurant, because we had to wash our hands so much, and even when you dried your hands, under the ring would remain damp.  Over time a bacterial/fungal thing growns and cause red blothcy spots- sometimes they itch sometimes they don’t.  The best way to get rid of it was not wear the ring when your hands will be getting wet, and if its really bad, you can use an athletes’s foot creme on it.  The fact that it gets worse in shower/bath really makes me think this might be what it is- as soon as there is moisture its easier for it to grow and spread.  keeping it dry will make it shrink.

The topic ‘Rash on ring finger- not itchy?!?!?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors