- 8 years ago
Ugh! I am driving myself insane. I’ve been posting recently about things happening that made me think a holiday proposal was coming, then found out it wasn’t. I am torn between my rational self saying “He’s not ready, forget you heard everything, it’s not happening.” and my emotional self who is saying “Well…maaaaybe!”
This might get long but I need to vent it out so I do not drive him nuts! Feel free to quit reading…
Here’s what has happened to make me think it could be…
1. In the mall when I suggested looking at rings a few weeks ago, he said he wanted me to be surprised so “No.” When I said, “Why would I need to be surprised when you say it’s 10 months away?” He said, “You’re right…uhhh gotta go to the book store, byeee.” and ran out of Sephora.
2. On the phone with his mom on Christmas Eve he said, “Not just yet.” in a sneaky kind of way four hours before we were supposed to leave. When I asked why, he said “Oh she asked if we were going to my brother’s right now.”
3. On Christmas Eve in the car we were discussing it being our last Christmas unengaged. He smiled and said, “Yes but don’t mention that to anyone tonight.” I said, “Why is it a secret?” and he said “I…uh..I just want them to be surprised too.”
4. At the nieces birthday party on Christmas Eve, BF’s brother’s friend said, “So is it true what I hear? You two are tying the knot??” Boyfriend or Best Friend looked very nervous and said “What! No!” His mom pulled his sister away as soon as she came in the door and whispered to her.
5. Last night Boyfriend or Best Friend reassured me that “It’s not that I don’t want to spend my life with you! I do..I just am bad at communicating it…Relax babe…good things are coming!”
I realize any and all of these things could just be coincidental and his timeline of October that he discussed with me after he KNEW I heard the Christmas Eve convo could really be accurate. That’s what the rational part of me is saying…he’s being up front and NOT trying to throw me off. My mom and BFF think it’s coming really soon and he IS trying to throw me off. My father has said nothing expect “Be patient.” when normally he’d say, “You better not scare that boy away!”
So I ask, what does it sound like to you, Bees? Maybe I can stop overanalyzing if I get some other’s opinions. I am going nuts! I need more distractions.