(Closed) Raunchy (vegas showgirl dress) $200K wedding for 16 yr old girl. Is this a joke?

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
232 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

don’t know if its real or not but i’m going to say it…..

TACKY!!!!

(gasp!)

Yes…TACKY!!!

Post # 4
3126 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

She wore that to a church….

Hm.

To each their own, I guess?

Post # 5
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’ve seen this a while ago.  I can’t believe they let her into the church dressed like this.  And the flowergirl (?) with the heavy make-up?  Another proof that it takes a lot of money to look really cheap.

Post # 6
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Definitely Tacky!!!!

Post # 7
2394 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Not what I would do for my wedding (or want for my daughter), but if they paid cash, then there’s no real room to judge, IMO.

Post # 8
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yes, it’s real. It was a while ago though…. 

Post # 9
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

WOWWWWWWWWWWW. your kidding. thats ridiculous.

Post # 10
1766 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I just googled it and found an article about the wedding that leaves me speechless. 

Here are quotes (Enjoy!):

In the end, making Missy’s wedding dreams come true cost her father – who lives in a caravan and surfaces driveways for a living – a whopping £100,000

But as his princess, who hasn’t been in a classroom since she was nine and wants to be a glamour model, posed for photographs, her father Simon, 35, declared it was worth every penny.

She met Thomas at Alton Towers theme park when she was 13. (…) Missy said: ‘I just knew he was The One from the beginning. He’s perfect.’

The couple married six days after Missy turned 16 at St Mary’s Catholic Church in Congleton-Cheshire.

Missy and Thomas honeymooned in Turkey before moving into their own £18,000 caravan – a wedding gift from her parents.

So this basically was a $160,000 trailer park wedding.  Holy cow.

Post # 11
191 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

So funny! What a joke

Post # 13
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

This photo shows a wedding from a particularly insular folk known as the “travellers” google them and find out alll sorts of things.  You should see the dress her mum wore to the wedding.  We talked about it in sociology class.

Post # 15
1288 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Indiana Memorial Union

This is part of the Traveller culture there.. weddings are the highlight of their lives. There are a few documentaries about these weddings — it’s really fascinating but yes, youch.

Post # 16
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

I believe they belong to a particular subset of British culture, but I forget what it’s called. I’ve seen articles/photos similar to this before–the couples get married young, the parents often do some kind of landscaping/construction work, and they have really elaborate weddings.

The topic ‘Raunchy (vegas showgirl dress) $200K wedding for 16 yr old girl. Is this a joke?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors