(Closed) Raunchy (vegas showgirl dress) $200K wedding for 16 yr old girl. Is this a joke?

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 17
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

Oh, travellers. That’s right. Thanks Ribbons.

Post # 19
18628 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Wow 16 and hasn’t been in school since she was 9?

Post # 20
401 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

money can’t buy class.

Post # 21
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

If you want to judge this from a certain set of values (ie., ours), yes, it is tacky. But if you were a part of their culture, this would be an amazing wedding. I have a hard time judging another culture because they have different standards that mean something to them. We may not approve of these things, but they seem to be getting along just fine without our opinions…

Post # 22
4485 posts
Honey bee

Those are the Chavs in the UK. Interestingly enough they value purity before marriage and fidelty which others around them do not. But yes they are very real.

It’s not a lifestyle I agree with, but I don’t understand the popularity or thrill of mocking or judging them because it’s not a familiar custom that you see around you everyday, nor is there any reason to do so.

Post # 23
2788 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I had never heard of Travellers before, but after looking at the pictures just now and Ribbons’ comment, I’ve been googling them for the past hour – so interesting! One of the stories though made me really sad – apparently it is ‘common’ for a venue to cancel right before their weddings because they don’t want to have a ‘Traveller’ wedding.

Post # 24
391 posts
Helper bee

Wow…those little girls looked horrible.

Post # 25
53 posts
Worker bee

gypsies! 

travellers is the PC term for them

Post # 26
1046 posts
Bumble bee

“I felt just like Cinderella… if she was a 16 year old prostitute”… good lord that dress makes Pnina look classy.

This literaly made me want to beat the crap out of her enablers because that is insane.

“travelers” or not that is just not okay.

Rant over.

Post # 27
332 posts
Helper bee

oh my that looks like a tacky prom i 2nd the person who says it takes a lot to look cheap

besides she’s only 16 she’ll be tired of him in a year i thought i was going to marry my bf when i was 16 glad i didn’t i’d be miserable

Post # 28
332 posts
Helper bee

@Amaryllis:another cultuer they’re British they’re the same as us just about lol but i understand what you mean just because we go OMG her family prolly thought it was fabolous with a captial F

Post # 29
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t like the dresses but there is no reason to rag on an entire culture because you don’t agree with their choices. You can’t change other cultures and this one is no exception, but you can’t march in and force your ideals on them either. They’re not hurting anyone but unfortunately no one is willing to see past what they choose to see and agree to disagree where this group is concerned. Everyone is entitled to happiness so why not these girls? Does it really matter how they dress when it has nothing to do with how they actually live?

Post # 30
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

when in rome i guess would be the appropriat saying! lol

The topic ‘Raunchy (vegas showgirl dress) $200K wedding for 16 yr old girl. Is this a joke?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors