- 5 years ago
Trying to keep my daughter from losing her mind and taking mine with it. She is in one state and I in the another. We are not able to have continuous conversations about this.
The wedding was planned for this year and was postponed several weeks before the scheduled date. Invitations had already gone out. Ninety-five percent of the guests were coming in from out of town. The wedding has been rescheduled for summer 2013 but they have decided they want a much smaller affair. A few thousand dollars have been put out for the venue, etc. — we can still use the venue and caterer without losing any money. The couple has decided they don’t want to put out any more money than they have already and are considering reducing the guest list greatly, by probably at least 50%. 75% of the guest list was family the other 25% friends. Just how can we accomplish reducing the number of guests in a graceful manner? What do we say to the folks that were originally invited but may not be this time? Again 95% of the guests would be coming in from across the country, traveling many hours. Personally, it would not bother me in the least if I had a niece in the same situation decide not to invite me again.
I’m open to any and all suggestions.