(Closed) Read if you can help me at all with Australian visas!

posted 7 years ago in Australia
Post # 3
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Try: http://www.teachers.on.net/ a lot of jobs are listed there. 

Also try looking up the department of education and training for the state you are interested in moving to. For example, just google DET NSW if you are interested in New South Wales.

I believe you can get a working holiday visa for 6 months and then get your employer to sponsor you for up to 4 years.

Hope that helps.

Post # 4
303 posts
Helper bee

I know that teaching jobs in nsw are quite seasonal, with most schools hiring at the end of the year for commencement the following year. You could also consider looking into casual teaching https://www.det.nsw.edu.au/about-us/careers-centre/school-careers/teaching/your-teaching-career/approved-teachers/casual-and-temporary-teaching 

It works best if you can build up a good relationship with a handful of schools, then you’re more likely to get considered for things like covering someone’s maternity leave. 

The private schools tend to advertise in the big newspapers. Try seek.com.au and also the careers section of the Sydney morning herald http://www.smh.com.au (sorry, can’t remember the direct link). 

The only thing I would make sure about with the working holiday visa is to check if there are restrictions on how many hours/week you can work. From memory, there are none, but I know that, for example, on a student visa you are limited to 20 hrs/wk during semester. 

The topic ‘Read if you can help me at all with Australian visas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors