(Closed) Ready to buy my Mori Lee 5104! But what color?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Mori Lee 5104 on me: Which color?
    Light Gold : (58 votes)
    55 %
    Ivory : (45 votes)
    43 %
    Other (please explain!) : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    2553 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

I really like the light gold, but thats just me ๐Ÿ™‚ It looks perfect on you!

Post # 4
    12247 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2013

Go light gold! It looks great on you, and the detail will be WAY less obvious in white!

Post # 6
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

You look wonderful and slim in this dress, and it is one stunning gown! I adore the softly ruffled skirt (so diaphanous). Plus, I love your hair (yay, natural curls).

I like it better in ivory. The detailing is still beautifully shown in the skirt, and it would really brighten up your skin. I think you’re right: the light gold, albeit lovely, is sort of giving you this goldish/yellowish cast that is throwing me off. 

I do understand your concern about the ruffles because they look softer and more cloud-like in your photos. But, I don’t think you can accurately compare the look to the ivory ones you have posted since she is under super bright sunlight (which tends to just wash things out), and you’re under very warm lighting (which tends to shadow and add depth). In real life and in photos, the ivory ruffle detail will look just as fantastic with.

And I actually think the weird warm spotlighting in your photos is a better reflection of the warm lighting that you’ll likely have at your wedding day. So, you want the dress to look nice and bright, even under warm, golden light (which makes the ivory the better choice).

Post # 7
    2055 posts
    Buzzing bee

Okay, so after I typed out that diatribe above, I looked for more photos of the light gold in different lighting (and I love it). I think it looks great in this lighting (more natural), and it doesn’t look yellowy at all. So…either gold or ivory would work BUT gold wins for me!

Borrowed from another Bee

Post # 8
    4436 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I love the light gold on you!!

Post # 9
    924 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

What a gorgeous dress – I love the light gold. It’s a bit more special/unexpected than the ivory.

Post # 10
    22 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I have seen a few pictures of this dress floating around and I have to say that i like the light gold the best. To me the light gold looks more like an ivory and the ivory is more of a white color. I just dont think that the bottom looks as beautiful in the ivory- i don’t notice the detail as much. But, either way you can’t go wrong. 

Post # 11
    3371 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

@Missteaandcrumpets:  + 1

I was expecting the champagne to be more golden, but it seems to be more of an ivory hue. The actual ivory looks more of a bright white. I prefer the champagne, it’s softer…but the ivory is stunning too!

Post # 12
    2951 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 1998

Your dress looks great on you. My pic is the light gold but both are really stunning:)

Post # 13
    1511 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

@CurlyTop24:  The light gold is stunning!  I think the details stand out much more in that color, it’s more unique, and it looks fantastic with your skin tone.  I love that dress, and it seriously looks perfect on you … Great choice!

Post # 15
    115 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I purchased this gown in ivory. I was only able to try on the 5108 in ivory and bought the 5104 sight unseenlike chose the ivory color because I had not yet seen any pictures of the light gold, and feel that the light gold would blend with my skin too much ( I’m pale but will be tanning). I think the light gold looks stunning on you!! You have dark hair so it’s a perfect mix!! My dress should be in this month, and I’m very excited to try it on….. Eeeekkk. Good luck! Let me know what you picked!! Cheers

Post # 16
    1772 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I keep going back and forth, which is funny because after I try on dresses I’m pretty sure that I’ll also be debating these same 2 dresses and colors.  My skin tone is a tad bit darker than yours and I’ve also been thinking about contrast.

I agree that the ivory in the other bee’s pic looks more white in the pic than the mori lee ivory actually is in real life.  Also, in your first pic, I do think the light gold color can look like ivory b/c of the lighting, but I think in real life and in most pics, it’s much darker than ivory.  

I’m still wavering (and haven’t voted in the poll yet b/c of that), but I think you should do the ivory.  The ivory just pops with our skin tone and makes us look more golden and tan – it’s very complimentary and very bridal and lets us and the dress shine, both individually.  I don’t think any detail is lost at all- that pic of the other bee in the ivory is what solidified the dress’s spot on my top 3 dresses list- the bodice looks AMAZING in ivory and so does the skirt.  For the light gold, it is definitely a romantic color, but it blends in more and really?  We get one day to wear “white,” so might as well do it up big and then just ask your photog to give you a cpl of the photos you like in sepia tone ๐Ÿ˜‰

The topic ‘Ready to buy my Mori Lee 5104! But what color?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors