Post # 16
bibliophilacticbee : Agreed. I would’ve been pissed if D.H. had asked my parents’ “permission” but he did want to show my parents the ring and tell them he was going to propose. I am close to my family and thought that was sweet. Others would find even that to be unwelcome, so it is important to know what OP’s S.O. would like.
OP, I agree that Blue Nile is excellent. I would do that over a “wholesaler” in a heartbeat.
Post # 17
- Wedding: June 2020 - Scotland
peterso2 : do you normally go hiking with her at this park? If no, then she might get a bit suspicious when you all of a sudden want to go hiking with her in this specific place. Try incorporating the proposal into something that you two do together all the time, that way she’ll never see it coming.
Post # 18
We’ve went hiking at the park previously and she wants to go back. It’s one of her favorite places. So I think no worries. Anyways last weekend I drove by it , its about a 45 min drive away as I was passing thru on a Saturday. The place was a dang Zoo. Packed with people all over the place. I was going to scout spots but now I’m worried. If the day I plan to do this what if it’s a zoo. Continue anyways or try to shift the proposal to a week night? I was set on doing it on a Saturday afternoon? Thoughts? Help?? Thanks all! The ring situation is good, I have a good plan for that and she is onboard.
Post # 19
peterso2 : continue anyway. Zoo or no zoo. It truly doesn’t matter.
Post # 20
peterso2 : If having a lot of people around will bother you guys, try a week day.
Ditto on “wholesaler”, as well as what others have said re: asking permission. Unless you know that’s something she would specifically want you to do, I would definitely consider calling her parents “hey I just wanted to let you know I’m planning on this. It would mean a lot to me to have your blessing.”
Post # 21
So I’m picking up the ring Thursday but it’s supposed to rain this Sat and Sunday. I really want to do it this weekend. Any idea if I should wait? Should I try to convince her to take Friday afternoon off? Should I change plans? I still need to setup dinner reservations and get blessing from the parents I think. Not sure how long I should wait for that.
Post # 22
Convince her to take Fri afternoon off if possible so you have two full days this weekend to relax and celebrate. Good luck!
Post # 23
peterso2 : dude you posted that you were ready to propose 3 months ago! Stop waiting! Lol who cares if it rains? You can make it romantic and propose to her in the rain- just go for it!
Post # 24
peterso2 : have you given any thought to going to a local winery? I’m not sure if it is an option, but was just thinking this may be a different idea. She would likely dress up to go to a winery and most winerys have cabanas and that sort of thing if it rains. I’m not sure if you both are wine people, but just guessing from what you said about getting wine afterwards.
Post # 25
neverbeenstungbee : Its taken 3 months to get the ring ordered. Went back and forth on styles and I’ve been working over 1 month to get the ring. The guy I’ve been working with has been slow as molasses. I’m literally planning to have it in hand less than a few days. Dont think I’m stalling too bad…lol
Post # 26
peterso2 : ugh that’s super frustrating!
I bet when you pick up the ring it will be burning a hole in your pocket! Don’t let the rain stop you!
Good luck and have fun with it!