(Closed) Real & artificial flowers?

posted 9 years ago in Flowers
Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2009

It is very do-able! I’m not having any real flowers. I ‘m taking silk flower petals and bunching them up and putting about 5 votive with in them. Very simple yet elegant and very inexpensive.

Post # 4
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I love this idea, especially if you pick flowers that look good fake. Who really cares at the reception anyway, plus it seems to be cheaper. I like the idea of mason jars for a country-chic feel and you could tie a ribbon around them with a candle inside.

Post # 5
40 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2009

It seems to be a very nice idea! I’m also on a tight budget but considering to order cheap natural flowers for my wedding. They are still lovely, natural and cheap. Getting them from online vendors is so much cheaper. My sister recommend to take a look at Fiftyflowers.com. They offer whole prices. I’m planing to order colorful Peruvian Lilies and sober Baby’s Breath.

Post # 7
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2008

I used real calla lilies for our bouquets and latex callas from Hobby Lobby for the centerpieces. They were inside bowls and cylinders filled with water with floating candles in them. They were an inexpensive alternative that worked out great for us and everyone commented on them. We had lots and lots of votives in two sizes on the tables which gave it a cozy intimate feel. Tons of candles with simple rustic decorations can work great. The callas had been taken out of the bowl by a guest in the photo below but that was the only pic I had handy.

[attachment=114260,2602] [attachment=114260,2603]

Post # 8
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love the look of submerged orchid centerpieces, but they’re so expensive to buy!  I figured the fake ones will do just as well underwater and then I can use them afterwards at home in some kind of arrangement.

Post # 9
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Beautiful pics!  I hadn’t thought about submerging the artificial ones and keeping the up close ones real.

Good thought!

Post # 10
182 posts
Blushing bee

I was thinking about doing a real-silk combo! Glad to see it crossed someone elses mind!

Post # 11
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I am doing all silk flowers, as me, my mom and sister are all really allergic.  I found a good selection from http://www.save-on-crafts.com. And I’ll be ordering some over the summer to practice making bouquets so we can DIY our own

The topic ‘Real & artificial flowers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors