(Closed) Real brides essense of australia wedding dress d1846

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
2271 posts
Buzzing bee

Shanekstedt1524:  

We have this dress in the shop I work at and it is just how the dress is constructed. It’s not very noticable to myself but some girls seem really bothered by it. It’s not going anywhere so I would look for a dress that is similar but doesn’t have that. 

Here are some similar suggestions:

Stella York 5840

Mori Lee 1862

Mori Lee 2713

Pronovias 2016 ‘Princia’

Pronovias 2015 ‘Bella’

Wtoo ‘Poeta’

Post # 4
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Winery

Shanekstedt1524:  I don’t have photos anymore but I didn’t notice anything when I tried the dress on. The sample was a couple sizes too big though.

I think I remember seeing a post about this same thing in the Stella York 5840. One poster was able to get rid of it through alterations but I can’t remember how they got rid of it.  

Post # 5
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Shanekstedt1524:  I noticed it too. Did you try on the 1846 ivory on ivory? I brough that up to my consultant and she said it would be an easy fix that can be done by the seamstress. After a lot of debate, I ended up choosing the D1846. It was a tough decision, but I knew i would regret not having sparkle and so i chose the D1846 over the York 5840. I must’ve tried it on 3 differnt times to make sure I don’t have dress regret. I plan on wearing a hoop petticoat so that should should hide the boning difference that’s around the knee area I believe. It’s a beautiful dress! Below is a link of me with the dresses on.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/essense-1846-or-york-5840-down-to-2-dresses/

Post # 6
431 posts
Helper bee

I went to another salon to try on 1846 (I’ve got a horrible case of dress regret) and took some photos for you. This sample was too small in the hip area so it’s bunched up on the hip. I’m 5’5″ for reference. Are you talking about the line across the dress where the boning ends?

Post # 7
29 posts
Newbee

crazyventures:  1846 looks gorgeous on you!!! Love the beutiful lace and detailing! Is this the dress you are going with? I’m so happy I chose this dress too. I’m curious as to how brides are going to accessorize it. I’m thinking of going with a finger tip lenght veil (either lace or plain) with earings and bracelet, no necklace. 

Post # 8
158 posts
Blushing bee

crazyventures:  Love this dress on you!  I didn’t see your previous dress, but you definitely look stunning in this one.

nurse708:  You switched?  Nice!

Shanekstedt1524:  I think you’ve seen pics of me in this dress in another thread, but just to help out anyone else who wants to see the dress in the blush color, here you go.  I didn’t notice any issues with the boning.

Post # 9
431 posts
Helper bee

nurse708:  Yeah, this is the dress I’m going with! I feel so much better about my choice to go with it over my first dress.

thegoods:  Thank you!

Post # 10
29 posts
Newbee

thegoods: Yea I ended up switching…I didn’t want to regret not having some sparkle 🙂

crazyventures:  Yay! That’s awesome! 

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2016

This is my dress too! I absolutely love it. Like nurse708, I’m curious how people will be accessorizing it! I’m leaning toward a fingertip plain veil (no lace), but am torn about adding some bling with a necklace vs. a belt! 

Post # 12
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I fell in love with the Essense of Australia d1846 AND the Mori Lee 2713 last week. 

I love the sparkle and the elegant lace that is on the Essense (No sparkle on the Mori Lee). However, the Mori Lee dress has beautiful transparent lace on the back. 

I also am really bothered by the visible line created by the boning in the Essense dress. The consultant told me that it could easily be removed. However, after learning the purpose of the boning, I do not know what effect this would have on the dress. I will be discussing this with a seamstress later this week before I make a decision. 

I LOVE both of these dresses and would by overjoyed to wear either on my wedding day. They are so similar, yet so different. I did not know the decision would be this difficult! 

Post # 14
29 posts
Newbee

BrookeeAn:  The Mori Lee 2713 looks really pretty from the back. The transparent lace definately gives it a unique look. Some differences between those two dresses is, the Mori Lee has a lower sweatheart neckline cut. Will you be comfortable with that? For me, I like a little more coverage as I have a small chest. I also wonder if the transparent lace after it’s been tailored how will it hold the dress up. They have some similaries but there are also some small differences, neckline cut, back design, and sparkle. They both look great on you. I am off course more biased since I chose the D1846 🙂 For me, I first chose a non-sparkle dress, then later changed to the splarkle dress D1846. Not sure if my post was helpful! Good luck and I know it’s so tough to make a decision. 

Post # 15
29 posts
Newbee

luckytobeludke:  I am wondering the same thing!

-Veil: I am going with simple fingertip veil with no lace. 

-Belt: I’m searching for a sparkly belt that wont break the bank. Can’t believe how expensive belts can be! Let me know if you find a nice one that matches the dress.

-Bracelet: I want to find a simple bracelet. I’m having trouble finding one that fits my small wrist. All the once at nordstorm are too big. May have to find a custom made one if no luck.

-Necklace: I’m not planning to wear a necklace, and if I do it will be very simple.

-Hair: Will probably have some sort of up hair do. I feel like if I do a down hairdo, the curls would look messy and straight towards later in the night. 

-Shoes: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Jimmy-Choo-Evelyn-Peep-Toe-Glitter-Pump-Light-Bronze/prod156780226/p.prod

The topic ‘Real brides essense of australia wedding dress d1846’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors