(Closed) Real brides essense of australia wedding dress d1846

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 16
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Thank you Shaneksted1524 and nurse708. Out of the two, I am leaning more towards the Mori. I have tried on several more dresses (trying to enjoy this experience) and now am torn between wearing a fitted dress vs. a comfortable A-Line. 

I tried on several David Tutera gowns (somewhat similar to the previous two), and have discovered that I actually LOVE the mermaid style. Then… I decided to try on an Alfred Angelo (snow white) gown (just for fun!) and it just gave me “that” feeling. 

I think that the more fitted gowns make me feel more elegant and sophistacted, and the Alfred Angelo makes me feel more youthful and whimsical. However, I have decided to try on more gowns just to keep my options open for now. 

David Tutera Billie (This was a beautiful gown, but it was incredibly thick. I was sweating profusely underneath) 

David Tutera Emerson

Alfred Angelo Snow White

Post # 17
114 posts
Blushing bee

BrookeeAn:  I think the mori one is very pretty but the Snow White dress looks amazing!! 

Post # 18
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Winery

Is anyone pairing a belt or sash with their d1846? 

Post # 19
114 posts
Blushing bee

crazyventures: I am thinking about getting a sash. When I tried on the dress the employee put a thick textured colored ribbon sash on me and that did not look good. One of the things that I love about the dress is that it is so sliming and I don’t want a sash to get rid of that. If I get a sash it will either be very thin rhinestone or a thin ribbon that almost matched the color of the dress with rhinestones on the front. 

Post # 20
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

BrookeeAn:  What color is this dress that you tried on? The white or ivory? i have such a dilemma to which one to pick, but those you tried on look gorgeous!

Post # 21
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

crazyventures:  Love your gown. Is it ivory over ivory, or ivory over oyster?

Post # 22
431 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Winery

brabride:  Thanks! It’s ivory over ivory

Post # 23
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2016

Hi all.  I have been researching the Essence D1846 and the Stella York 5840 and stumbled across this thread!  I am also trying to decide between the two.  The horizontal line at the bottom of the boning does bother me as well, but the seamstress said we can fix it.  I’m trying to find a second-hand gown – can anyone suggest where I might get one?  I’d need a size 16 or 18.  🙂

Post # 24
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Hi there,

I am hoping others who have worn or will wear the essence 1846 can help. I picked this dress and I am in love with it! When I tired on the sample it was several sizes to big but now mine just came in and it seems tight for longer down the leg then the sample. I thought it started to flare about just below the hip, it’s almost tight to my knee. I assume it’s just too tight and needs to be let out. My question is, was it difficult to go to the washroom in this dress? Do you think my dress is just to tight right now and needs alterations? I couldn’t possibly pull it up over my hips as it is right now And I can’t imagine havinf to take the entire dress off every time I have to pee! Any help? Thank you!!! 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  courtsmac83.
Post # 25
3998 posts
Honey bee

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Profile Photo observer.
Post # 26
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Shanekstedt1524:  Hi!  This is my dress and I can answer for you!  The dress is made for a 5’9 girl so the boning is too long. My seamstress trimmed the boning down to match my 5’2 frame and now the problem is gone!

Post # 27
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2016

BrookeeAn :  I’m deciding between these two dresses as wel!!!!! It’s so tough!! Which one did you go with and why? 

Post # 28
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Hi I have just tried on the Essence D1846 and love it but I would like to add a strap to it, has anyone else done this and if so what does it look like?

Thanks

The topic ‘Real brides essense of australia wedding dress d1846’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors