(Closed) Real Pics of Sottero & Midgley’s Fantasia

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
729 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

i tried it on, but i was affraid it wouldn’t be long enough (since they told me it only comes in one length) when it was in my true size and i wasn’t will to risk it. I was also not liking the tool under the organza, it looked liked they just put circles of fabric on tool (when it was held out in front of you) and how you could see the tool edges on the train, i’m really picky. I was going to get the dress, it was really pretty.

i told the lady my budget and she brought me that dress which was over it and didn’t tell me how much it was until i tried it on and liked it. So i was probably trying to find a lot of things or anything wrong with it so i wouldn’t spend too much.

Post # 5
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

bummmp. 

I wanna seee this!

Post # 7
729 posts
Busy bee

They were selling it for $1995.

All the skirt is is strips of organza that are wraped in circles on the skirt to give it that effect. When the train of the skirt lays out you can see the tulle underneath  at the end of the train that the organza is attached to when the train is laid out. Atleast I could. It wasn’t a lot, but you could see it. The owner of the store also held the skirt out in front of me while I had it on and the skirt just looked like stripes of toilet paper wraped in circles on a peice of tulle. It was really pretty when it was laying flat. I don’t have a picture of myself in it because my mom and sister took pictures with their phones and they won’t even give me a picture of the dress I bought.

It is a really pretty dress I just thought that if i was paying that much for a dress I didn’t want to be seeing the tulle.

Post # 8
852 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I am experiencing some serious dress envy right now. The Fantasia and the new Vera Wang dress at DB with the similar skirt are just amazing… why couldn’t they have these out last season?? *whine pout whine*

Post # 9
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

@Klb5882: It looks like rolled toilet paper in the picture too, so I can see what you’re saying. I’m sure there’s a bride out there somewhere who can pull it off. I’d love to see real pictures myself. 😉

Post # 10
729 posts
Busy bee

i think the dress is really pretty, I’m not knocking anyone for it b/c i brought in a picture of it to try it on, but the craftmanship for the price wasn’t what i thought it should be i guess. I didn’t realize that under the organza was a tulle skirt that could possibly be seen when walking down the asile.

Post # 11
1326 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Tre Bella, Mesa, AZ

Bump!

Post # 12
389 posts
Helper bee

buump!

Post # 13
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Bump!!  With all the new pretty dresses out in the Spring 2011 lines, I’m beginning to think I bought my dress wayyyyy too early. 

Post # 15
389 posts
Helper bee

bummmp?

Post # 16
1041 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I tried this on a couple of days ago and it looked amazing, but kleinfleds would not let us take pics. My friends all freaked out when they saw me in it, but i didnt really feel like it was me, plus when my Fiance saw it online he said it looked like rolled toilet paper too lol.  When my mom is in town im going to try it on again for her and maybe we can try to sneak some pics.

The topic ‘Real Pics of Sottero & Midgley’s Fantasia’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors