(Closed) Real pictures of Allure #8705?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
988 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I have a picture of me trying on the sample if that helps…

Post # 5
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Check out this link.  They have pix from a runway type show with “real people” in the dresses…i think it’s the first 2 pix?

http://www.bridalguide.com/fashion/article.cfm?aID=25948 

This website is where I found a “real” pic of my dress (#8701).  Hope it helps!

Post # 6
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@elliej- thanks so much for the link! I was able to find my Allure dress on there. I have been searching for a “real life” picture of my dress, since the one they show on the Allure site model doesn’t even look how the dress looks in person. Thanks!

Post # 7
598 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

EllieJ – the website you posted is great.  It’s always different to see dresses on a real person vs the models.  No funky angles where you can’t appreciate the dress.

Post # 8
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I tried on and ordered this dress (Allure 8705) a little over a week ago.  It looks even better in person than the picture on the Allure website! I’m altering it a little bit to have a slightly sweetheart neckline! I love this dress and can’t wait to wear it at our wedding in Mexico!

[attachment=902347,111966]

Post # 9
988 posts
Busy bee

Are you wearing the white or Ivory? Are you wearing a slip underneath? It looks Amazing on you 🙂

Post # 10
8 posts
Newbee

Thanks Jenny! I’m wearing the ivory and ordered the ivory as well.  The shop I went to didn’t have it in white, but they showed me other Allure gowns in white..and they are VERY white.  I liked the softer white of the ivory, it was not yellow at all.

Only wearing the strapless bra I wore that day and I am wearing one of those skirt things underneath to give the bottom ruffles a little more volume.

Post # 11
988 posts
Busy bee

Yay! I wanted to alter mine into a sweetheart too but was a little scared, but now I am sooo sure I want it! I already ordered mine in Ivory, I cant wait to have my first fitting!

Post # 12
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

You look stunning i mean stunning! it fits you amazingly!! congrats on finding the perfect dress. Its beautiful

Post # 13
8 posts
Newbee

Before I tried on dresses, I thought I hated sweetheart necklines, but the dress I tried on before this one was a sweetheart and I really liked it on.  So when I put on this dress, I knew it was “the one” but liked the neckline of the other dress better.  So when my consultant clipped the front of it and told me she could request it be made with a sweetheart neckline I was ecstatic! I don’t know why, but just that small adjustment made me love the dress even more!  She said that it would have to be a very slight sweetheart so it wouldn’t ruin the ruching of the fabric on the front, but I think it is definitely better! Hope it works out when it arrives!

The ruffles on your pics look different than on my pic…is it just me?

Post # 14
988 posts
Busy bee

mine doesnt have a skirt on the bottom…so you ordered it from the vendor with a sweetheart neckline?

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee

Jenny…yes, I ordered it to be made with the sweetheart neckline.  My consultant found a different Allure dress in their stock that had a light sweetheart neckline so she could give the vendor a neckline example for reference.  Not expecting the dress to arrive until Aug/Sept…so crossing my fingers it all comes out looking beautiful.  My consultant didn’t have any resevations about it, she was very confident that the change would work. 

Post # 16
988 posts
Busy bee

Aaaah! Im mad nobody told me I could do that! now I have to call and see if I can change it! Do you mind sharing how much you paid? you can message me if you want!

The topic ‘Real pictures of Allure #8705?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors