(Closed) Real pictures of Allure #8705?

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I got this dress too! I paid $750 + $200 to rush order it so it would arrive within 2 months. I live abroad so I wanted to have the first alteration when i come visit in June. Do you mind sharing how much you guys paid for it? Also, did they take a hollow to hem measurement? I have to get the bottom custom cut for some reason which she also charge me another fee for…

Post # 18
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I bought this dress and i added a great belt to mine made of rhinestones i think everyone looks great in there dress as well i also added the sweet heart neck as well and i added some more rhinestones to the top aswell

[attachment=914357,113175]

Post # 19
144 posts
Blushing bee

I love the dress on everyone!  I got the same dress and got the phone call today that it is in!!  I CAN’T wait to go pick it up on Monday!  I ordered the March 23rd, exactly one month from today, but I am worried because they don’t have any alteration appts open until June 7th which means I can’t pick up my dress until June 24th which is 2 days before my wedding!  Not going to work, especially since I want to take bridal portraits. Also, the sample dress I tried on didn’t have the flower and I didn’t even know about it until I came home and googled my dress.  I wonder if my dress will have it on there. And I have been pondering the sweetheart neckline and I think I am going to go for it. 

@washingtonbride…I paid $595 for mine and they didn’t charge me a rush fee because they told me it “is an quick delivery dress from the Allure”. 

@Roxy…LOOOOVE the belt…too bad I can’t pull that off. 

Post # 20
144 posts
Blushing bee

P.S.  What does everyone plan on wearing for jewelry?  I was going to wear my Grandma’s pearl necklace, but it is 27 inches and, unfortunately, didn’t look right at all. 

Post # 21
988 posts
Busy bee

Roxy girl where did you get your belt? Did you order yours sweetheart too?

I havn’t decided on jewelry yet…I was thinking pearls too but I don’t know!

Post # 22
144 posts
Blushing bee

Also, what do you plan on wearing under the dress?  (Hope that isn’t too personal)  The consultant told me that I can’t wear a bra so I am wondering about the other unmentionables.  I don’t want to wear a spanx or anything like that because I am getting married outside, in Texas, in June.  It will be a tad on the warm side.  Plus, I can’t remember how see thru the dress is.  

Post # 23
6 posts
Newbee

hi jenny yes i am having mine altered to a sweetheart and i got this belt at danelles bridal in colorado springs . i wish i had a company name for it becouse it was alil pricy and tried to find on line but coulnt find this excact one it is not a tie one it had a snap and its not beeds its rhinestones lots of rhinestones,.. but here on wedding bee there is someone who has hand made belts that are real close . i am also gonna wear a petty coat slip under mine but the bridal store did not have one for me to try on . clody your dress should come with a bow. that dress comes standard with it unless you order it that way. xox

Post # 24
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

You all look so beautiful!  Rudebaga, what style petticoat skirt did you wear… a trumpet or a-line? Where did you purchase one?  I love the sweetheart neckline, it looks fabulous on you.  Roxygirl, it’s amazing how much that gorgeous belt takes that dress to a new level of glam!  To answer other questions, I think I’ll be wearing my great-great grandmother’s antique pearl and blue diamond necklace.  It’s very simple and it will only add to the dress. 

What shoes have you chosen?  Has anyone chosen a veil?  Congrats everyone!

Post # 26
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

tater668, the skirt I was wearing underneath the dress was a mermaid skirt..fitted through the waist and hip, flared out around the knees.  I was able to order it through the bridal shop I got my dress at.  It was $69.

Post # 27
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You girls look great in this dress!  I was liking the christina wu 15417 but it was a little pricey and I wasn’t loving the top of the dress.  I like that this is fitted, but has a train still, still has the ruffles I like, but is a little more understated on top which seems to even out the bottom that is more funky/non traditional.  I love the sweatheart alterationa and LOVE that belt, that would be the perfect addition!  Plus the price seems really great too.  Roxygirl would you be selling the belt after your wedding?  I hope I can find this dress to try on!  How tall is everyone who tried on this dress?  I’m only 5’2″ and wanted a fitted waist that made me look taller but sometimes the mermaid fit makes people look short.  Is this considered mermaid?

p.s. the dress looks so much better on you guys than the model!

Post # 28
6 posts
Newbee

hi everybody just wanted to tell everyone hi . how is everyones dress coming along . i know a few wanted to know where i got my belt i just wanted to tell you who are interested that i changed dresses and im sellling my brand new belt if any one wants to buy it its the one that is in my picture above . you can email me at [email protected].

Post # 29
23 posts
Newbee

Everyone…this dress looks beautiful on you. I tried on this dress before but thought I like the other one better. But seeing this thread makes me want to go back and tried it on again.

@clody where did you buy yours? the one I went to want to charge rush order.

Post # 30
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I bought this dress some time back already. . .

I’m so happy to see other brides wearing it 🙂

I truly love it. . . and I can’t wait to wear it on my wedding day!

so here is a pic when I first tried it on a sample 1-2 sizes smaller:

I don’t think I’ll have a veil like the one in the picture. . .most probably it’ll be a birdcage veil or just a facinator. . .

regarding jewelry, I have not really decided what I’ll be wearing. . .

and btw, I’m just wearing a corset underneath, and the dress is ivory.

Post # 31
144 posts
Blushing bee

@cherimoya – I bought my dress at a bridal shop in Houston.  It took four weeks to get in.

I have a question for everyone…are you able to sit down in your dress???  I am not able to.  I think it is because of where the waist hits me.  Also, how is everyone wearing their hair? 

The topic ‘Real pictures of Allure #8705?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors