(Closed) Real pictures of Allure #8705?

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I bought this dress and took off the flower and have added an amy kuschel luxe sash to go with it.  I am still deciding on whether to make it into a sweetheart neckline.  I have a question for the rest of you wearing it…. can it even be bustled?  We are getting married in a courtyard in the French Quarter and am now afraid it will drag all night and ruin the bottom.

Also, does anyone have any updated photos of themselves in it?

Thanks!

Post # 33
144 posts
Blushing bee

It can be bustled (and it is still absolutely beautiful I must add).  I am going to what I hope will be my last fitting tomorrow and I will try to take a picture of it bustled for you.  Do you have a picture of your dress with the sash? That is something I didn’t even think of. 

Post # 34
988 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@ Clody did you end up going with a broach?

And I agree it looks amazing bustled.

Post # 35
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

i am still awaiting the sash to come in and then to be tacked onto the dress.  the sash has some beading, etc. on it.  i guess i just absolutely loved the bottom of the dress but wanted some “sparkle” to it, something special…and the sash did just that.  im adding the sash just below the bustline where the ruching changes direction.

Post # 36
144 posts
Blushing bee

Well, I was going to order a flower off of etsy but since I am having my bridal portraits done on Tuesday, I got this crazy idea to make my own flower.  I like this idea because I can add anything I want to the center to give my flower the look I want it to have.  And if it doesn’t work out, then no flower for me.  And I am okay with that too.  Here is the tutorial I am going to try to follow. Seems easy enough but I have no DIY skills so wish me luck!

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2009/08/how-to-make-pretty-organza-flowers.html

Post # 37
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I tried this dress on  yesterday and fell in LOVE! I am waiting until my parents can come see it but I’m ready to order it – I wanted to wear it home!!

Is anyone planning on not wearing anything underneath? I wasn’t going to wear anything but now with talks of bras and slips I’m wondering if I should be!

Post # 38
7365 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Wow. I think I’m a Maggie girl, but this dress is freaking FAB! Can I ask, how tall are you girls? I ask because I’m less than 5’2 and would think that this style on me would be overwhelming. I haven’t gone shopping for a traditional wedding dress yet so what I think will look good on me, may not.

Post # 39
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m 5’2 too. . .

I’m looking for an undergarment, and I’m waiting for my shoes to arrive so I can do the alterations. . .

Probably they’ll have to take from the sides, and “hem” it too. . .

but I’m totally excited because I finally found my perfect shoes 🙂 

How about you girls. . .have you picked your shoes yet?

Post # 40
988 posts
Busy bee

I am 5’7 I am only wearing shapewear because I want it to shape my booty a little better lol but other than that the dress is so well made that it gives you a really nice shape so if you don’t want to wear it the don’t!

I am going for my first fitting soon so I will have a way better picture 🙂

I am wearing purple shoes and love them!

Post # 41
6 posts
Newbee

hi everyone i just wanted to let you girls know i am selling my bnwt allure 8705 for $400 i changed dresses . you can email at [email protected] and its a size 8 never altered thnks

Post # 43
6 posts
Newbee

i just wanted to let you girls know im selling my allure 8705 bnwt. i changed my mind on dresses. $400 its a size 8 [email protected]

Post # 44
6 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@beccarock8: im soryy i sold it to a weddingbee ‘r last week. very sorry.

Post # 45
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Hi ladies! 

I was just wondering if you have quoted the alterations already. . .

I went today and the lady quoted me $120 for the hem, $120 for taking on the sides and $20 per bustle point. . . What about you??

View original reply
@clody: can u show us a picture of your dress bustled? How much did it cost?

Thanks!!

Post # 46
850 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

hey ladies!

so I’ve been stalking this board for the past month, specifically this thread. I got so tired of going with random friends to try on dresses, so I just went on my own one day and fell in love with this one. My mom came in last weekend, and I showed her the pictures on here, and she didn’t seem too jazzed :-/ We went back to the shop and she literally pulled like 30 dresses… and of course she cried when I tried on something completely different… but eventually the saleslady and I won her over (and her custom jewelry that she’s giving me looks better with this one too). I already had my heart set on a sweetheart neckline, so we’re definitely modifying that. The reason I love this one so much is because we are getting married on a pier and it will catch the wind so beautifully! Can’t wait until it comes in! Oh – and it was $695 in case anyone is wondering.

The topic ‘Real pictures of Allure #8705?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors