Post # 1
My husband and I have a beautiful 12 1/2 month old son. We would like to try for a sibling for him.
I’m currently waiting for a follow up appointment with my RE, who has referred me to my gynaecologist who can’t see me until February 2019. I just got an appointment date after waiting since May. That is a whole other post. It was not mentioned that we can’t try.
My question is, how frequently having sex will improve our chances? I don’t always ovulate but have been consistently getting a period on my own for the past several months. I’m hoping my body might restart itself. Not sure where to start with regard to Opks, etc.
Thank you, ladies! 🙂
Post # 2
I mean, you can’t conceive if you don’t have sex. SO sex every day or EOD from about day 8 of your cycle through day 21 would catch ovulation for a lot of women, but without temping/opk’s you really don’t know exactly when and even IF you’re ovulating… plus I know for my self and my husband having sex that often for that sustained timeframe wasn’t something we could do (toddler, busy schedules etc and neither of us has an incredibly high drive). A consistent period doesn’t always mean consistent ovulation – but it’s not a bad sign either.
Good luck and I hope things happen quickly for you this time around.
Post # 3
A great resource is the book Taking Control of your fertility! Also apps like fertility friend have good tutorials as well. Different aspects of timed sex are stressful for different people. I have no problem temping, but opks drive me bonkers 🙂 stalk these boards for a bit and you will pick it up quickly too
Post # 4
1. BD every other day when your ovulating or think you are.
2. Waiting to many days will give u bad sperm
3. Take prenatals
4. I heard baby Advil as well
5.cut down on alcohal and caffine
6. Be at a healthy weight ( being overweight seems to affect alot of ladies)
7. Try not to stress as this affects ovulation ( I think)
8. Average CPL takes 1 yr to concieve
9. Try temping ( Google how tos or check with others who do it)
Taking your temp before you get out of bed everyday and so on
10. Opks get lots because you need to do them at least twice a day to catch the surge
This is all I can think of GL