(Closed) really stupid photog question…

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
44 posts

yes, usually you have to pay for them to travel to your wedding. 

Post # 4
567 posts
Busy bee

he/she will def. charge a fee, and you should provide a meal at the wedding (caterers/hotels usually offer discounted “vendor meals”), but no, you dont pay for his lodging/transport.  the fee for coming from oot that the photog comes up will be all that’s required for him/her. at least, that’s all i’ve ever hear of.  if they are coming from way way out, expect a big fee.

Post # 5
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

in most cases I would say yes….but that just depends on your agreement with the photographer.   

Post # 6
4567 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Usually, yes. I have quite a few friends that are wedding photographers and they always require some kind of compensation for travel.

Post # 7
209 posts
Helper bee

It would depend on the photographer and the distance between him/her and where you are getting married.  But in most general cases, you would be responsible for lodging and travel fees.

Post # 8
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2008

Yes, generally this will be added on to your package fees.

Post # 9
4480 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: March 2010 - Calamigos Ranch

The best person to ask is the photographer. Most of them charge for travel expenses. Well, all of them do; it’s just a question of if it’s included in their base price or not.

Post # 10
596 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009 - Ceremony: The Kraine Theatre, Reception: Midtown Loft & Terrace

Most of the time, yes! Unless they’re already in town for something else…

The topic ‘really stupid photog question…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors