(Closed) Reason #48950 why we did NOT want a J&J…..

posted 8 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
5889 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

wow i feel badly for all the people who bought tickets and it didn’t even go to the bride and groom.

Post # 4
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

That does not seem legit to me, no offense meant to your Future In-Laws. People bought tickets assuming the money would go to you as a couple, not to cover the cost of the party. I don’t think your family/friends would be pleased to know where their money went. I’m not sure what can be done now since you told them to keep the money, but it might be worth talking to your Future In-Laws or having your Fiance talk to them about it. If they offered to throw and plan the party, they should have been willing to cover party expenses and not take it out of the gifts. I’m so sorry to hear that you’re having to deal with this! It’s a tough situation!

Post # 6
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You definitely are not coming across as money hungry! Don’t worry! I agree one hundred percent that if you offer something like that, you should follow through. And that if guests give money thinking it goes to the bride & groom, it should go to the bride & groom. Sounds like, with all that’s happening, you just have to write this one off. I’m sorry, it totally sucks.

The topic ‘Reason #48950 why we did NOT want a J&J…..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors