(Closed) reasonable Photographer & Florist-north of Boston

posted 9 years ago in Boston
Post # 3
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

What’s your budget for photography? We went in with what we thought was a big number ($2k) and found out that price wouldn’t get us very far.

My aunt works for a cake shop in Danvers, and sent me these florists right after I got engaged:

Pepperberry’s Flowers:

Audrey’s Flower Shop:

Fino Fresh:

Sweetbay:
Hope this helps!

Post # 6
14 posts
Newbee

Hi there!

I’m getting married in Vermont but our photographer is based out of Boston and is amazing!  His name is Channing Johnson http://www.channingjohnsonblog.com/ and I think we are paying $3000.  His work is amazing and he’s a super nice guy who is really enjoyable to be around.  We also looked at Melissa Robotti, she does wonderful work too and is less expensive, but she was booked on our day  http://www.melissarobotti.com/.   Good luck!

Post # 7
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Hi!

I’m from Vermont (and getting married in southern VT in May), and we love our photographer ($2000) and florist (we don’t have our quote yet, but she’s very reasonable). They’re both based in southern Vermont, but I bet they’d be willing to travel. Our photographer is a photojournalist by profession, but he does weddings to supplement his income…he’s SO nice, very professional, unobtrusive, etc. And our florist is equally wonderful. Kevin Bubriski is the photographer, and Nancy Bishop is our florist. Neither of their websites are as great as they are, but if you need more info., let me know!

Good luck, and have fun!

Post # 8
95 posts
Worker bee

She does! I’m excited to work with her on the design and all that good stuff 🙂

We’re booking MKD Photography out of Acton. Mike and Kate are a husband and wife team, and they’re super-sweet! My Fiance got along really well with Mike, since he used to shoot high-end cars and the FI’s a major car guy hehe

Their package for 8 hours is $3600, if I’m not mistaken. It includes a TON– engagement shoot, DVD and rights to images (a HUGE plus, so you can print your own photos), they set up a slideshow later in the reception with images from earlier in the day/night, the put up a slideshow online with select photos within a few days of the wedding, and lots more. They also do design work and will work with you to design your invitations (which we’ll do), save the dates, or the guest book.

We also looked in to Rebekah Kay Photography. Rebekah is such a sweetheart, and her prices were comparable to MKD’s when you compared apples to apples. She has a more a la carte pricing approach, though, which can really help save you some money. She was really thorough in our meeting and took lots of notes, which was comforting– you know she’s on top of things!

The last photographer we looked into was Scott Metzger. I really liked his work, but he wasn’t available for our date.

Good luck, and let us know who you decide to go with!

Post # 10
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We met with three photographers, all of whom we loved [and were in the north-of-Boston-area]. I was upfront with our $1500 budget and all of them were willing to work with us.

Jay Reiter is a super sweet, goofy guy who is really passionate about capturing weddings. He offered us 8 hours of coverage, all the rights and photos on a DVD, and an engagement session for $1500.

Amanda Borozinski is a high-energy woman with tons of great ideas and beautiful photos. She offered us 7 hours of coverage, an assistant, all the rights and photos on a DVD and an engagement session for $1500.

And we’re going with Marisa Cohen, who is energetic, creative and totally matched our personalities. For $1350, we’re getting 8 hours of coverage, all the right and photos on DVD, a DVD slideshow that she puts together [totally amazing, we saw some samples!], and an engagement session. She’s also a Sephora makeup artist.

If you have a higher budget, I also loved Robert Mirani, before I realized that he was twice our budget.

Post # 11
74 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

I would definitely take a look at Li Ward, her wedding prices start at 2000 and she is fabulous!

Home

Post # 13
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Awesome ideas for photogs – glad this thread was here..as I’m still researching…thanks!

The topic ‘reasonable Photographer & Florist-north of Boston’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors