So my wedding was this weekend, and I wanted to share some post-event observations for all the other rebar brides to be (feel free to ask questions).
We had a Saturday night wedding with about 154 guests. We rented the reGal suite and kept the front room and reGal bathrooms open for the guests (just closing off the back room as a private space).
Overall we were extremely pleased with the event. There were a few really minor glitches, but in general everything was handled smoothly and the staff was amazing.
The guests all seemed to have a great time. It felt like just the right amount of people for the space. Everyone was mingling and milling around the different rooms, the lounges, grazing the buffet, hitting the dance floor, playing with the Photobooth which we set up in the reGal suite, etc….
Everyone raved about the food, although people also complained of not getting to try all the appetizers (the mac and cheese seemed especially sought after and rare!).
The glitches (again, these were all minor) were:
– The birdcage for gift cards wasn’t set up from the beginning, even though we had requested it…. after a couple of hours in, we asked Chris the event manager and it was taken care of (meanwhile people kept handing us cards since they weren’t sure where to put them).
– We arranged to have a 6″ cake to cut, put out with the other desserts. Before we were able to do a ‘cake cutting ceremony’, someone else had already started cutting and serving the cake (not sure if it was a guest or the staff) — we didn’t mind since we weren’t attached to the cake cutting idea, but if you are, watch out for this. To be fair, the 6″ cake didn’t have a topper or anything, so it’s not surprising that someone would have though it was just part of the dessert spread.
– We had asked not to hold late guests during the ceremony, and I think they did anyway (in retrospect I am glad they did, as it would have been distruptive — but if you really don’t want the staff to do this make it very clear they should let late guests up no matter what)
– We requested one of the tables in the bar area to be RESERVED (for older/disabled guests). Either the reserved sign was never put out, or the other guests ignored it or moved it, because the table was immediately full of younger guests during the cocktail hour, and I never saw the sign. Oh well.
– The public hallway Women’s restroom was a little smelly and one of the stalls was out of order (and quite disgusting, if you opened the door anyway). Maybe bring some scented sprays or candles, if this is a concern to anyone?
DJ Ben was awesome, he worked our playlist into the party perfectly, setting nice pacing and tone throughout the event so there were mellow moments while people were eating, and then playing just the right music to get people on the dance floor. The last hour the dance floor never stopped!
If anyone is planning to to the Hora with the chairs, watch out for the pipes and chandeliers!
Our guests all had a great time, we were repeatedly told things like ‘best wedding ever’, ‘this was the perfect wedding for you guys’, ‘what an awesome/unique/beautiful place’, ‘coolest wedding ever’ and so on….. so I’d say it was a success!