- 5 years ago
- Wedding: January 2017 - Los Angeles, CA
Wanted to share with the lovely bees how our special day went because I was weddingbee recap crazy myself the year leading up to my own wedding (haha!) I learned so much by reading the boards and just loved seeing how other brides finally pulled it all together on their big days. First I want to share how utterly stressed I was. We had about a year to plan but I decided to take all of the work and do it myself with very little help (not that family and friends and even my then fiance, NOW HUSBAND!, didnt offer to help). I was just determined to make sure it was exactly what I wanted so I wouldnt have any regrets. This left me feeling very much alone, but I know now that was my own doing. So my advice is, let people help! Even if its little things….
So the things that went wrong, and there were some, DID NOT MATTER AT ALL on the day. I truly didn’t believe it when brides said that but it was so true. My husband was a complete ANGEL and made sure that whatever did go wrong that day, I did not get wind of it at all so I had no idea until the day after the wedding about most of the things that didn’t go according to plan. Some of those things were:
- We had decided to have mismatched bridesmaid dresses (I chose the color, but let the girls decide material, style, etc). Therefore also letting the guys get their own suits (provided there were grey). If someone were to ask me if I would do that again, NOPE! I wont even get into why, but lets just say if you want picture perfect bridal party then choose the dresses and suits with them. One of the groomsmen didn’t bring a jacket (sigh).
- My father-in-law also forgot a button up and ended up wearing a t-shirt under his suit. So therefore, no tie and yes it was very much a formal wedding! (yikes…)
- The table numbers were set up wrong and my dad and grandma ended up at the back of the reception instead of front and center with the rest of the family (this I of course did notice and got a little bit upset over on the day but my dad assured me it was ok and I let it go).
- 1/2 the guests didn’t bother showing up on time for the ceremony and walked in towards the end. I found it rude and I get that most people expect the bride to be late and for the wedding not to start on time, but they obviously do not know me that well (haha). So in turn, the ceremony pictures look like nobody came to our wedding…
- We had about 20 people who RSVP’d yes and never showed up.
- There wasn’t enough cake for all of the guests because the venue decided not to cut the top layer of the cake, assuming I wanted to take it home even though that was never something I asked for and nobody bothered to ask me or my husband that night, they just boxed it up and told the guests there was no more.
- We asked certain people to make speeches but those people ended up not being prepared but luckily 2 other people who we had not planned on had prepared some beautiful speeches and I am forever grateful to them!
I honestly cannot recall anymore things that went wrong. Most of the decor I did myself but the florist went above and beyond with the bouquets and centerpeices and gave our weddding the extra elegance I dreamed of. Our DJ, Photographer, Videographer, Photobooth were exceptional! The venue was beautiful and people loved our vintage car. Oh and the food was really good I hear, I barely ate anything haha. We had so much fun on the dance floor and even knowing all the things that went wrong I wouldn’t change a thing!
So all in all, it was the perfect day even though things went wrong I had a smile on my face the whole time. All I felt was love and happiness and I can’t stop staring at our pictures!