Post # 1
I’m so excited to be posting this at last. Our wedding was on 7.28.18, and we finally received our pictures from the photographer. It was a magical, magical day. My husband and I kept trying to pause for a moment to take in how wonderful it was to be surrounded by our closest friends and family in a way we’d likely only experience once in our lives. The speeches were heartfelt, the food/cocktails were delicious (I will forever put elderflower in my G&Ts), the dancing was -terrible- and I wouldn’t have changed a thing.
Our wedding was at Dillingham Ranch, an old polo property here on Oahu, Hawaii, where we currently live. We hosted ~100 guests which was a lovely number: I feel like we were able to spend time with all of them, and like we knew everybody there. Even better, as most of the guests flew in, we were able to host some optional activities beforehand that most of our guests signed up for, most notably a beginner surfing lesson that a pod of wild spinner dolphins decided to investigate halfway through!
A few fun facts:
- Our Reverend marked our ceremony by blowing into a conch shell as a tribute to Hawaii
- Our signature cocktail was an elderflower gin and tonic and it was AMAZING. Recipe here
- We splurged on florals and photography, and saved on music by opting for a DJ instead of a band, and on alcohol by stocking the open bar ourselves (thanks Costco)
- We bought woven palm fans from etsy and placed them on the chairs for our guests during the ceremony. They doubled as favours (we also gave our guests local honey that came in travel-friendly sized samplers of three, per the suggestion of some helpful weddingbees!)
- I printed some pretty envelope liners to make our minted invitations feel a little bit more special by buying a template on etsy for $5
- Taper candles and holders were so expensive to rent, so I purchased some wooden ones from etsy that had the right look for much much less
Whew! Okay 🙂 I hope you enjoy the photos below! What an incredible day.
Post # 2
Oh wow, this is absoutely beautiful 😍! The setting, the dress, the flowers, the palm fans… congrats!!
Post # 3
- Wedding: December 2018 - City, State
I love love love your photos!!! Everything is perfect I absolutely love it!!
Post # 4
What a beautiful wedding! The two of you look so happy! Congratulations.
Post # 5
Beautiful!!! You look gorgeous!! That dress was made for you!
Post # 7
girlandherpearl : so pretty! and we are shoe twins!!! I wore those same Bridesmaid or Best Man wedges (:
Post # 8
- Wedding: August 2019 - A historic Art Deco and French Renaissance Theatre
Absolutely beautiful!! Perfect down to every little detail! Congrats bee!!
Post # 9
hispanicimpressions : Thank you so much!! 🙂 Coordinating all of the little details was one of my favourite parts!! (ETA: ‘one of my favourite parts’ instead of my favourite part ^~)
janne91 : Ahhh thank you!!
beethree : Thanks Bee!!
Post # 10
ohdarling : Thank you!! I actually changed my dress a month before the wedding from a much more dramatic a-line gown to this, lighter, whimsical dress and I was so much happier for it. Thank you!!
aushi : Thank you!
catskillsinjune : Woohoo! Thanks shoe twin – they’re so comfortable eh? I wonder when I’ll be able to wear them again because they were a treat.
Post # 11
girlandherpearl : i re-wore mine to a wedding it may!
Post # 12
I love love love recaps and this one is absolutely dreamy! Congrats!
Post # 13
Awww just beautiful. Your colours go together perfectly.
Went to Oahu 5 months ago on our honeymoon. Such a wonderful place and miss it!!!
Post # 15
cloud9bride : Thank you so much!! I love that our photographer managed to capture so many of the little details.
camenae : Thank you! I love them too – it’s always amazing to see other brides’ visions come to life!
missviolet92 : Thank you!! I’m so happy you had a good time here on your honeymoon. It’s actually such fun to live in a honeymoon destination because I get to see blissful couples being so silly and happy together on my way to work in the morning. It’s so cute.