- 5 years ago
My gosh, I’m married, and IT WAS, WITHOUT A DOUBT, the best few days of our lives….I can’t explain it, but it was so perfect, I don’t quite get how it could have got so perfect…..so many things went wrong before, below are the bullet points.
- Thunderstorms, hail, rain, wind predicted on the DAY of our wedding, in Dubai/November, usually the most sunny and perfect month for weather. I cried a few days before, as EVERYTHING was outside.
- The night before the wedding, we made the decision to move the entire ceremony closer to the hotel, and our dream location was no longer.
- Yes, the rain and wind came on the day just as I was having my hair and make-up done, a very heavy down pour, the venue had to move all the set up in emergency inside, as the new location was covered but not completely. The event coordinator at the hotel sent me pictures of all the staff drenched, luckily they moved all the furniture, DIY just in time.
- My bridesmaids father died the night before the wedding and she told me as we sat to dinner the evening before, cried her poor eyes out as I and my mother held her tight and surrounded her with love, my whole family hugged her and we told her she did not have to attend the wedding, but she did and was amazing throughout and said she needed us.
- My fiancé got locked out of our flat the evening before the wedding.
- The “Man with a van” who helped me take all my DIY to the wedding the day before, well, his van broke down en route!
Come the ceremony time, the weather had calmed down, as me, my girls and mum and dad made the walk towards the ceremony I could literally feel the energy that the storm brought, it was intense and magical, the air was fresh, everything popped, the green of the grass, the pink of the flowers, and the darkness of the clouds were perfectly moody. I could hear my music start to play and I became overwhelmed! My heart was ready to burst and as I walked towards my husband I cried, and his eyes were full of tears, oh my, what a moment!
The wind was blowing and I could feel such energy from our guests, oh it was so full of love! What was amazing, was that as we finished our vows, the clouds quite literally parted and the sun streamed through onto the ceremony area, three of my guests said they all looked at each other, pointing to the sun! WOW! God, I’m getting emotional thinking of it.
The rest of the day was so wonderful, with the sound track to our lives playing throughout. I can’t get over it, I’m in a state of utter bliss right now…….
Below are GUEST pictures, but I will post the pro-pics (details and full shots)when they are here and document the full day from start to end.
With love, a happy and blissful Mrs Downie Hurst.