(Closed) Recap: Wilting Flowers, Our Cake Fell & Drunk Officiant BUT Perfect!

posted 7 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I LOVE your attitude.  Can you bottle it and send to me via usps flat rate box;)

Post # 4
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Write reviews about them and use pictures if possible to warn other brides away from them and then you should complain to the vendors and see what accomodations they will have for you

Post # 5
689 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Demand refunds. You’re attitude is awesome, and I agree with it. Nothing helps stress like a good attitude. Nonetheless, those are poor performances by professionals and you should demand your money back.

Post # 6
1088 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Yes, you should take the refund!!

And you should also try tfo get money back for the wilting flowers. I used a non-professional baker/florist and I had none of these problems, why should you? Not fair to spend a lot of money and then have to run around fixing their problems on your wedding day.

Post # 7
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Absolutely take the cake the refund. It was not constructed well at all, that is something that baker is 100% to blame for.

Flowers….I would call and stop by with pictures and also ask for a refund. They should not have wilted BEFORE the ceremony, let alone show up with brown edges.

It’s great that you have a positive attitude and that everything else went well with the day! But these vendors need to be held accountable and you shouldn’t have to have paid for the services not received.

Post # 9
1160 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Yay congrats on your wedding and your great outlook! I agree, get the refunds and write reviews if necessary. You don’t have to be rancorous, but just to warn other brides of your experiences. So glad the weather was good and that you had wonderful photos and music! You’ll have to post recaps when you get pics back 🙂

Post # 10
3758 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would difinitely want refunds… But I also love your attitude. most people would be more llike “OMG it sucked everything was falling apart! I am going to kill everyone and take all their money!”

Post # 11
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Definitely complain to the florist and ask for a refund. Take the refund on the cake. Speak with your officiant about his embarassing and inappropriate behaviour. THEN leave honest reviews everywhere you can. None of that should have happened and you are WAY more calm about it than I would be! LOL! Kudos to you! Send a flat box my way too 😉

Post # 12
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

take the refund!  and post reviews everywhere

Post # 14
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@schnellexo: I would absolutely take the refund onthe cake.  If you are uncomfortable with it, take a partial one, but that business failed you and should make amends.

Take some photos to the florist, if you don’t have any yet, ask your photographer as it seems they understood what had happened for the day.  They should also send payment to the baker that bought other flowers to decorate with.

Set a meeting with your officiant.  Let them know your feelings and if you had paid for his services, request that be refunded.  That is inexcusable.

And as PP have mentioned – review your heart out on as many sites as you can find to help others avoid these stresses.

Then pat yourself on the back for having such a great outlook on it all!!!

Post # 15
1144 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@schnellexo: I would ask for a partial refund for the cake. A full refund seems harsh. I would not necissarly leave a bad review.

The flowers – I would ask for a full refund, I would mail them a letter enclosing photos of the flowers, and include copies of reciepts for the replacement flowers. I would tell them you want to be fully refunded or will take them to claims.

The officant – I would cancel my check, and write a letter. If there is any photo or video proof I would make that avaible upon request.

Always try and resolve it 1st – in person, if that does not work send a certified letter.

Post # 16
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would get refunds all around – these are businesses and I am sure you paid a pretty penny! There is this skewed, inconsistent attitude towards bridal vendors; the bride is supposed to be a charming, sweet thing and if something is wrong and she complains she is considered a “bridezilla.”

If someone I am contracting for a service screws up in my business I would demand a that be rectified or I would get a refund. Why should you settle for sub standard service because it is a for a Wedding? The bridal business is huge and all you have to do is mention the word “bridal” and the price goes up.

By the way was the officiant a clergy, and was he paid? I would certainly complain to his superiors if the latter is the case or demand some remuneration if he was paid. He is a vendor too. His behavior is disgraceful. I went to a wedding many years ago where the rabbi stuck around for the cocktail reception, got very drunk and made obscene comments to me, trying to pick me up in a very crude way. I was so embarassed I did not mention it to the bride, but she must have picked up on something because she later apologized to me- I guess she saw me cornered and turning several shades of crimson. I am sure they had to pay the rabbi a big fee.

But, Inam glad you did manage to have a wonderful day. Bask in the glow a few days, than be the sharp businesswoman! Good luck and congratulations!

The topic ‘Recap: Wilting Flowers, Our Cake Fell & Drunk Officiant BUT Perfect!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors