- 5 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
My Wedding has come and gone, to what seemed like a blink of an eye. It was fun and very special.
My advice :
- Let go. The night before the wedding, right before your Rehearsal Dinner or right around 4 pm, just stop. At this point, you have planned and organized the best you can and now it is time to focus on yourself, your partner, and your guests. Do not worry about anything else because no one will notice if the illuminaries made it out or if the candles were lit in the entrance way, etc.
- Have fun and dance but do not forget to eat and drink.
- Do what you want to do and how you want to do it. I think sometimes weddings can be too planned, just go with the flow of things. Be relaxed. The DJ was late and my Ring Bearer was having a tantrum before the ceremony, I did not become emotionally attached. Everything was okay, things worked out.
- Take the time to set back and watch your guests, this will be a long lasting impression, a very important too !
- Because we had the ceremony and reception in the same room, we had the bar open when people came in for the ceremony and we allowed guests to take bottles of wine to their tables, I am glad we did because this allowed guests to loosen up and our 40 minutes lateness was gone unnoticed ;p
- Ask people for help, deligate. your guests love you and want to make you happy.
- We did allow kids at our wedding. We provided coloring books and a little kid area in the next room. It was not that bad at all. My adivce : consider it but do what you want to do.
- My husband and I were legally married in June of 2012 and had out big party on 4/20/13, it was special, emotional, and significant regardless of the court house wedding. When you are walking down the aisle, it does become emotional. We both cried, it was beautiful. Nothing was taken away from our wedding because of the court house wedding the year prior. So go for it ! Remember : people want to celebrate with you.
- We also did our own vows and I do reccommend reading the vows to one another OR a mutual friend before the ceremony for consistancy etc. We both cried even though we shared them earlier in the week. Being in front of your community, sharing your declarations of love and commitment is something hard to describe but you feel.
Happy Wedding Planning !