(Closed) receiving line for 3000 guest!

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
15 posts
Newbee

Are you doing a buffet or sit down? You can try greeting them by table if you have pictorial per table. :)or ask help from your family and your fiances family yo greet everyone in your behalf.  there’s no way you can greet all of them.

Post # 3
1112 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

3000 guests? That seems a bit much. And…probably not true. 

Post # 4
949 posts
Busy bee

MissCaraMia:  I’ve been to a wedding reception with about 1000 guests which completely blew my mind. That said, I think 3000 is still within the limits of plausible.

Post # 5
4036 posts
Honey bee

Don’t do it! With that large of a guest list, I’m sure your guests don’t each expect a personal greeting. If you spend a half a minute greeting each guest, that will take you 25 hours. No way!

I shook hands with over 300 people, for my father’s funeral, and for a week afterward, I was in pain.

Post # 6
47203 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

stephenerastus:  Do the math. If you spend one minute with each guest that is 3000 minutes, or 50 hrs just greeting guests! 30 seconds with each guest = 25 hours in the receiving line.

This is just not feasible!

Post # 7
4505 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

julies1949:  +1

OP, do not do this. You can make quick speech thanking everyone and just do your best to pass by each table, but even then it won’t be possible to talk to everyone. 

Post # 8
413 posts
Helper bee

I don’t think we even know 3000 people! Even with our families combined efforts. 

Post # 9
5365 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2016

Am I the only one who is thinking “Who the hell knows 3000 people?!”

Post # 10
8861 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

stephenerastus:  Is this an Indian wedding? If so, how has the rest of your family handled this? As PPs have pointed out, the math doesn’t work. You couldn’t possibly do a receiving line for that many people. If your family is used to weddings this big, they should be able to help you understand what is expected regarding greeting your guests, and the logistics.

Post # 11
2691 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Sorry for trolling but who is paying for this!? I can’t even afford to buy KFC for 3000 guests much less… lol

Post # 12
3586 posts
Sugar bee

stephenerastus:  i can’t even get 30 guest let alone 3000. I couldn’t even imagine what that would cost me. Good luck

ksn1219:  I’m thinking it with u

Post # 13
1936 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Are you famous or neurotic?

Post # 14
2425 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Do you mean 300 or 3,000? because wow that is way too many people. 

Post # 15
8482 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2014

ksn1219:  Totally thinking this as well. Second thought was “holy crap, are you a celebrity?!” 

I’d have to add in all our family members, friends, coworkers, and most of the people we ever went to school with. 

The topic ‘receiving line for 3000 guest!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors